Fifty One |

Fifty One |

Sebastian dropped me off back at my room saying he had to do some shit before tomorrow. I didn't really care, the gears in my brain turning at a wild pace to figure out all that had happened. It wasn't even my third day here and shit was already hitting the fan, painting the walls a horrible brown. Not to mention my head was beginning to pound.

With a sigh, I pushed open my door to see the lovely face of Lisa. My eyes narrowed as she sat on my bed in a gross, pure white, short maid dress. She read some book I couldn't be bothered to pay attention to. I did notice her hair was straightened and pulled back into two pig tails.

"Why are you in my room and looking like General douchebag's latest snack?" I demanded, tiredness falling onto me.

She put her book down with a frown, "How the fuck did you meet him? I thought I warned you to stay on the down low?"

"Me and 'the down low' don't work so well," I grumbled annoyed.

She snickered, "Apparently. Just be careful, don't die before we get to kill Maxwell. Hey want to get our nails done tomorrow? I have to for work and you could definitely use some feminine touch."

My eyes rolled as I pulled off the horrible white clothing and pulled on my old pants and sweat shirt, "Can't. Me and Bastian were sent on a mission to some zoo for herbs? I'm not really sure what were going. I was too distracted on not killing that moldy bastard."

Not to mention the pounding in my head was slowly getting bigger.

"The zoo?" she squeaked, her warm brown eyes widening, "Mira he's sending you to die. That zoo is not a place to fuck with! Every time people are sent there they don't return. Maxwell uses that to write people off!"

That made me pause, curiosity grappling onto me, "What do you mean?"

"Mira think about it. A zoo in a zombie apocalypse. Animals needing to adapt for survival. It's just like that movie: Jurassic Park – they learn to survive and people can't go against that."

"Jurassic what?"

She groaned, throwing the book at me, "Whatever! Get murdered by a deer see if I care!"

"I don't think a deer would be one of their attractions," I grumbled.

I wasn't too sure – mom and dad only went to the zoo twice and my favourite was always the pandas. A superior creature for sure – with their beautiful spotted black and white fur. They were so cute and peaceful too. Last time we went we saw the babies. They were like little balls of fur, rolling around.

"You're fucking stupid," she snapped, distracting me from my thoughts.

"So stupid," a familiar voice purred.

I groaned, my hands flying to my head were the pounding had grown to my ears. I could hear the blood rushing to my ears, the echo of pain coursing through my skull. My legs shook, getting weak as I stumbled towards the bed.

"Mira?" Lisa sounded miles away now.

"Wake up Erin."

"Fuck off," I snarled.

She had no fucking right to pull me away. This was my reality – she was only allowed in my dreams. And yet her laughter echoed in my mind louder than the pain. Faintly I could hear Lisa saying something – frantic.

I couldn't make it out as I realize I was sinking to her demands.

The moment I opened my eyes I instantly knew I was back in this dreamland. This time on a sea of bright blue water. It was clear – with small golden fish under the surface. Looking down at my reflection I wasn't surprised. She had me dressed in a long black gown making my pale skin look spooky, with something heavy on my head – a golden crown. My hair had been curled, and she added black eyeshadow to my red eyes.