Sixty Seven |

Sixty Seven |

            I stood on the porch of the comfy farmhouse nervously. My knuckles hovered over the wooden door as butterflies were relentless to my stomach. I know I told Jax I'd ask Annie if the offer was still open but what if she refused? That embarrassment might kill me.

            "Waiting for something in particular?" Sebastian snickered.

            I sent him a glare, lowering my hand, "I don't think they're home. Let's come back later. Alana wanted to see us right? Let's do that."

            His brow rose, "How'd you know they're not in if you haven't knocked?"

            "Because I do."

            "How?"

            "Because."

            "Because how?"

            My annoyance spiked and I spun on my heels. My mouth flew open as my eyes caught someone over his shoulder. Tears filled my eyes as I stared at Cam, who stood on the bottom step silently. His eyes were filled with sadness, an unshaven shadow across his chin.

            "Cam," I whispered, shoving Sebastian out of my way.

            "Oi!"

            Cam smiled slightly, "Hey Mira."

            I couldn't tear my eyes away. He looked so tired, such a lack of happiness. It was not like Cam, not like the Cam I knew when I left. So what the fuck had happened in the two months I was gone? As much as I wanted to know, I knew better than to ask. So instead, I moved forward, my arms wrapping around him fiercely as I hugged him tightly.

            "I missed you," he chuckled weakly, "I'm sorry about Jax. I don't even recognize my brother anymore. I-I can't believe he did that."

            I pulled away and shook my head, "No, don't do that. What happened between Jax and I has nothing to do with you. Don't be mad at him ok? Not for me."

            He smiled slightly, "Yes ma'am."

            Sebastian leaned forward, over my shoulder to blink at Cam. My eyes rolled as the two just stared blankly at each other. A hot breeze blew over us and I shivered, sweat sticking to my body in a disgusting way.

            "You that bastard's brother?" Sebastian grunted.

            Cam didn't even flinch, "You some trash she picked up along the way?"

            I opened my mouth to defend but quickly closed it when I realized I didn't know which one to defend. Another wave of silence fell over us, and the two continued to have an intense staring contest.

            "What is going on here," I muttered quietly.

            Then, they stepped back, goofy smiles on their faces. I looked between them utterly confused as to what the fuck just happened. However, I had no more time to contemplate as down the road six munchkins came into view. Followed by the blonde southern twins Annie and Noa. Nervously, I smiled and waved.

            "Miwa!" Squeals filled the air, "Miwa!"

            I smiled brightly, stepping away from the two and off the porch with my hands wide. Mathew mad it first, darting across the dirt street in no time before launching himself into my arms. He shrieked and giggled, clinging onto me as I was dogpiled by Sarah and Sophie next. Followed by Adrien and Max and finally, walking beside Noa (carrying a bag of groceries) Dillan.