Eight |

Eight |

"He is such a twat," I snarled quietly as I soaked in the warm bath.

He inspected my hand then lowered his gun with a sigh.

"Be careful, if you had been with Landon he wouldn't have double checked," he had said, wrapping my hand in a bandage.

Lucky for me my blade had nicked the palm of my hand during the scuffle.

My eyes lowered to my still bandaged hand, then to my arm. A bruise was now forming black. Still, how lucky I had been to have been so clumsy with my blade. In a town with so many people, a bruise made by a zom's mouth wouldn't be ignored.

I turned my eyes towards the scar on my hip. I wonder what they would do, if they knew the truth. A dark laugh danced through my throat. How fast would I have been murdered? No doubt Landon would be happy to pull the trigger – I'm sure Jax wouldn't hesitate either.

Well, I was just happy to have the day over with. Pulling myself free from the bath I quickly dried off and pulled on a pair of jeans, and a long sleeved shirt. This was for the best for now, at least the chilly night air would help.

Stepping into the living room after, I noticed Flynn sitting on the couch with the mint Jax had gotten. I smiled at him as he greeted me.

"Are you heading to the bar tonight?" he asked.

I thought about it, and figured that was the best place to find answers. Tilting my head I now thought of a new idea. A drunk man speaks more secrets than he knows. Pulling a bright smile onto my face I nodded, then pulled a pout.

"Would you come with me? Please?" I cried, my fingers pulling on his arm gently.

A blush darkened his cheeks and he smiled shyly.

"Of course, I'd love to."

And so, we ended up in the dimmed, lively bar. Situated beside the doctor's office, the bar was a small coven with rounded tables, and mismatched stools. It seemed, this was where all the adults gathered at night. With drinks only a few coins, and the bottles in large supply apparently, most people in this place was drunk.

Including the doctor's son.

"You know, I've been Cam's friend since we were four years old! Me, Cam and Cici, that's how it always goes," he slurred.

"Tell me more," I gasped faking interest.

Sipping on my whiskey, every time his attention was turned elsewhere, I slipped him my whiskey. While I was on my third cup, Flynn was really on his eighth. And the more he drank, the less he paid attention.

"Yeah, Jax used to babysit me an' Cam. With my dad working in the labs all the time," he sighed frowning deeply.

My interest perked up, now we were getting to the useful information. I leaned forward, placing my cup on the table. He now had my full attention as he rambled on drunkenly.

"A cure for everything, became a curse. Who knew everything would go so poorly," he said darkly, "then they tried to make a cure for the curse. They should have destroyed it the moment they made it. They knew the destruction it would cause but they thought they could fix it."

He was talking about the original intent for Lyssasolanum. The cure of all diseases. The cure that caused the world's end with its release. Just the fact that he knew this meant his father knew information I needed; the shit Dad kept from me.

"Flynn," I froze. Damn him, he was always appearing at the worst times, "shut the fuck up."

We both turned, to where Jax stood beside his brother. Cam looked shocked at Jax's word choice. He shook his head and chuckled nervously.