Twelve |

Twelve |

I merely watched as the two wrestled in the dirt of the entrance. My jaw was on the floor as Jax seemed to hold his own against this brute of a man. A soft chuckle had me looking over to the person who had came with the brute. Or rather, the woman.

She was slightly shorter than the man, with long black hair tied back into two slim braids that seemed long enough to reach her butt. She wore a pair of black leggings, and a black tube top that showed off her own tribal tattoos marking her tanned stomach, chest and arms.

Who were these people? She turned her gaze over to me, piercing green eyes watched me carefully. We stood, merely studying each other until the woman sighed. She turned towards the two guards.

"Make sure to close the gate behind us," she ordered.

"Yes Luna."

Then I watched as she walked over to Jax and the brute. In astonishment, I watched her merely slap the brute in the back of the head, then kick Jax straight in the stomach. The brute grabbed his head in pain and Jax merely dropped to his knee and wheezed for air.

"Enough playing around. We have a new guest whom you are scaring," the woman, Luna hummed to the brute.

"As strict as ever my love," grunted the brute before he looked up and over at me.

I tensed, my hand hovering over my knife. The brute smirked, crossing his arms over his sweating chest. My eyes narrowed.

"I almost overlooked her. She's a skinny little thing," the brute chuckled.

Skinny little thing? I snorted, excuse me for not being tall and bulky. Not to mention the woman at his side was tall but she was almost as lean as I was. I said nothing as he walked over to loom over me. My head tilted up to look at him, my teeth gritting at his ignorance.

"What's your name?" he asked.

"Mira."

A long, drawled out airy breath caught our attention and I looked past him at Jax. He pushed himself up off the dirt path and looked at the woman who had kicked him.

"Why did I get kicked and not him?" he snapped annoyed.

She batted her eyelashes at him, "I could never kick my husband."

"Bullshit! I've seen you throw him across a room for less!"

I watched them bicker back and forth, Jax and the woman, until she ended up throwing her shoe at her. It hit Jax straight in the nose, and I watched as blood began to gush. The two were so ridiculous I started to laugh.

All eyes turned to me, and my hand flew to cover my mouth from the odd noise that had fell out. How long had it been since I laughed so hard? My eyes drifted to Jax whose eyes were wide open towards me, blood still dripping down his face were making me burst out laughing again. My hands held my stomach as it began to ache from laughing.

"What's so funny?" Jax demanded, amusement clear in his voice.

I pointed at him best I could.

"You look like an idiot!" I gasped.

He narrowed his eyes at me, wiping the blood onto his sleeve and opened his mouth to reply just as a groan sounded behind me, near the back of Baby. She reared up, and in fear for the horse my hand moved to pull my knife out.

I spotted the zom a few feet away from Baby who began to panic. I reached towards her reins, pulling her forward and away from the danger. She pushed me to the side, making me stumble slightly as she ran towards the open gate.