Four |

Four |

I had my hunting knife out as I stepped outside into the thicket of trees. Instantly I could see a crowd of a zoms staggering towards the men's and towards three beautiful horses. I sprang forward swinging my knife.

The blade cut into the soft distorted skull of a female zom dropping it instantly. An older looking zom missing an arm and half its face lunged towards me letting out a mangled moan with four fingers crawling to grab my bare skin.

I spun on my heels, dropping low to avoid his fingers and swung my blade catching his knees. As he fell, I stood up with my blade driving my blade through his chin and out the back of his head.

My eyes looked around spotting a few left. Flynn struggled against one as I watched with concern as the body of a little boy moved with more speed than the other ones. I cried out to him knowing it'd be too late, and without thinking I pitched my body forward.

Flynn finished the big one and spun at the sound of my voice towards the little one but he hesitated. That would be a mistake; luckily for him my body hit the side of the boy just in time and we hit the ground. My head slammed against a tree with a painful thud, and the little zom reached for me.

I looked at the little zom spotting pushing back any thoughts as I drove my knife into his head. He fell with my knife and I stared at him breathing heavily with a headache but otherwise alright. The boys eyes stared up blankly and I reached down to pull my knife free. He had no gory wounds like the others except for a clear bite on his ankle. It was bone deep, and seemed to be the only red colour against the boy's pigment-free skin. The virus ate at the pigment in the skin, leaving only translucent white sheets of skin, to cover black veins.

Once my knife was free I didn't spare the body any second look. It was important to remember they were dead. Flynn hesitated because he saw a little boy, which was a mistake. He wasn't a little boy and he hasn't been since that bite on his ankle.

"This wasn't your problem," Jax snapped at me storming over to stare down at me.

I looked up at him and snorted.

"Both blondie and Flynn invited me so you, are out voted. So take a chill pill and take a step back," I replied waving him off.

His jaw seemed to clench but he didn't respond as Blondie and Flynn walked over.

"Thanks for that," Flynn said softly locking eyes with me.

His brown eyes held sadness and instead of snapping at him about hesitating I offered him a nod. He had a good heart, I could understand that and even though it would probably kill him one day I didn't want to say anything to change that way.

"We need to go, Cameron, she's with you," Jax sighed annoyed and walked towards the horses.

I nodded finally figuring out blondies name. Jax took off on a black horse slightly larger than the other two and I looked towards the spotted horse and the brown one. Flynn hoisted himself onto the brown one and followed after Jax leaving me alone with Cameron.

"Hey, I didn't catch your name before," Cameron said with a bright smile.

I couldn't help but smile back; he was like the human embodiment of a puppy. He acted like Freud used to when we walked him and he met a new dog. My heart stung for a second, before I started walking towards the horse.

"Mira, nice to meet you Cameron," I replied looking at the horse.

I had no idea how to get on the thing. Cameron laughed at my expression then proceeded to mount the beautiful beast. My jaw dropped with jealousy until he offered me his own hand. My body didn't dare move and the horse dug at the dirt with its front hoof.