Twenty - Five |

Twenty – Five |

You're told, that when you are dealing with a fire, not to add water. Water has oxygen molecules and thus can end up feeding the flames if the flames are big enough. The second option is to suffocate the fire – if it has no oxygen to feed off of then there is no fire. This would make option two the obvious choice.

Most people pick option one.

I picked option one.

Jax picked option one.

"Let me go Cameron!" Jax snarled.

Leon had shoved me behind him, Cam had restrained Jax by wrapping one arm around his neck, the other around his shoulders. In the scuffle Jax had somehow ended up kneeling on his knees. Cam's nose was bleeding and tears were running down his face, something he ignored.

My lip was bleeding as well.

"P-Please Jax," I whispered softly taking a step forward.

Leon's arm pulled me back to whisper, "Stop Erin. He's not in the right mind."

"Bullshit! I have never thought so clearly in my goddamn life! I should have known you were trouble, I fucking told you not to come with us that day," he hissed.

Tears stung in my eyes and I looked down at the cement. He was right, this was entirely my fault and it pulled at my heart. It hurt, and I hated this feeling. His words were cut off, I looked up to see Cam throwing his brother forward. His fist colliding with his jaw.

"Don't talk to her like that. This is not her fault and you know that, but just because you're hurting right now doesn't mean you get to take it out on Mira," Cam snarled at him.

Jax stilled, his head hanging forward.

"And for what it's worth, I believe Mira. We know he killed Mcgrier we just don't have any proof. Who knows what he found out, but he knew we were onto him. Cici knew the risks too. She knew Landon was dangerous," Cam continued, "And she still continued to try and dug up dirt on him. Whatever happened, she accepted it. She cared for all of us – Mira too. So don't you dare sit there and try and put Mira down. Don't be that person."

Jax's head lifted, his eyes were glossy, and his gaze went from Cam to me I couldn't help but bite my lip. The pain swirling around those hazel eyes and it made everything inside me want to throw an ocean of gasoline into the fire.

"I am going to kill him," I said softly, then louder, "I am going to kill him."

Cam shook his head, "No, no. We need to act rational – you said he stabbed her? We need to find that knife. Some sort of proof."

"I am going to kill him," I snarled.

"No! That won't solve anything except get you banished from town!" he yelled desperate for me to listen.

I was, and I didn't care. I was going to track him down and fucking tear him from limb to limb with my own bare hands. That way Cam and Jax wouldn't be dragged into it. They would be safe, I wouldn't let anyone else die. If I did, I didn't deserve to live.

"What will you do after you kill him?" Jax's voice rumbled thick with emotions.

I looked at him, those hazel eyes watched me guarded, "I'll find a way to bring her back. I will bring her back."

"And then?" he pressed.

I opened my mouth, but no words came out. So instead, I looked away.

"I'm not going to lose you too."