Chapter 167 ~ The Saintess and The Goddess

AN: Little to say this week. Let's just keep doing our best! Hope you enjoy the chapter~!

Jeanne started calming down and she finally managed to hold her tears back from flowing down her face again. And once she regained control over her emotions, a realization dawned on her.

She just cried in front of Leon and his friends! H-How embarrassing!

The saintess fidgeted embarrassedly in her seat, her face blushing red from the realization.

"P-Please forgive my unsightly display from earlier..."

"To shed tears for the people you cared for is not an unsightly display, saintess Jeanne, and it is definitely not something you should apologize for. Though only for a few moments, I've seen a glimpse of just how much you cared for everyone around you and how much they loved you in return."

Leon smiled softly, earning a darker shade of blush from the platinum-haired maiden.

"I can now see that you truly are the embodiment of your title, saintess Jeanne."

"E-Eh?! U-Uhm... T-Thank you very much for your praise..."

Shyly bowing to Leon, Jeanne tried her best to control her smile to not break out into a full on grin. For some reason, her lips would just curve up into a wide smile on its own and her heart would beat very quickly the moment he praised her.

Putting her hands above her enormous mountains, Jeanne slowly calmed her heart down and retained control of her face muscles.

"Then returning to our previous conversation, is it because of the blessings that you believe there to be a connection between the divine phenomenon and your dreams? That because I am the one who caused the phenomenon, I am the person to appear in your dreams?"

"Y-Yes... I-I don't have any evidence, but somehow... I-I cannot shake off this feeling. I truly feel like there is a connection between the two..."

"I see..."

Even without evidence, Leon couldn't simply brush off that connection she felt as mere feelings or belief she had. He could see the connection between her blessings and his divinity. If Leon had to guess, the ripple of his unintentional use of divinity during the Chimera Incident that reached the Holy Country somehow triggered something with Jeanne who has his mother's blessings, causing her to see dreams of him.

Despite being seemingly far-fetched to link these two happenings together, with the amount of information he had now, Leon assumed there was a real possibility for it being true. After all, he didn't know yet the extent of what his divinity could cause to this world, including if it could even trigger such a thing to a person with his mother's blessings. He even knew about the existence of such a person a few days ago.

It seems I'd need to ask mother once more about this... This time in more detail...

Putting those thoughts aside, Leon decided to explain to Jeanne and the people of the Holy Country details about the Chimera Incident.

As he explained, they all wore a solemn expression, especially when they heard about such a monster named "Chimera of Pride". They couldn't believe that it was far more powerful than the evil dark ogre that appeared and devastated several villages in their country in less than a day.

However, what surprised them the most was the fact that there were no casualties.

"Fortunately, due to the enchantments placed in the arena and our magical barriers, we were able to prevent any of its attacks to reach the students who were on their way to evacuation. We were able to contain its onslaught of poisonous breathes and physical attacks and managed to limit its movement thanks to Charlotte. That was... until it decided to use its final trump card."