Chapter 218 ~ Harbinger (2)

The blazing column of infernos that burst forth shattered the grounds, reaching high into the tall ceiling of the training grounds underneath the Misteltein mansion.

Leon, Laura, and all of his player assistants managed to dodge it after instinctively sensing danger coming from beneath.

Lily had also managed to dodge it, albeit barely, thanks to her boots of haste. However, Mia, Rafael, and Irene failed to evade it completely, shattering the barriers of protection Charlotte and Freya had applied, and blew them away several meters back from the explosion.

"Irene!!"

"Mia! Raf!"

"Ughh... I-I'm okay..."

"Thank God for these barriers..."

"Yeah... We might have triggered the necklace if they're not there..."

The three landed a few meters away on their backs, still recoiling from the explosion as they tried to pick themselves up.

"<<Healing Wave>>! <<Peace>>! <<Veil of Serenity>>!"

Freya raised her golden staff and cast all three spells simultaneously.

Undulating waves of golden holy energy rippled from Freya's figure, enveloping everyone of Crimson Lightning and healing their wounds. Then, a shimmering golden barrier covered their entire body, enveloping the entirety of their body in a layer of golden light. And finally, a beautiful multi-colored aurora appeared in the middle of Crimson Lightning's formation, separating the middle guard and backliners from the vanguards.

"Darling, don't worry about us!!! We'll be fine!!"

Freya shouted, knowing her beloved would've been very worried for the three.

"Understood! Charlotte, focus on reapplying your buffs! Alex, Vyra, continuous assault while the others recover. Rafael, you retreat back to Charlotte to get your buffs back and some healing. Laura, please support us!"

""Understood.""

"G-Got it! Thanks!"

"Alright, but save me a piece of him too!!"

Leon, Vyra, and Alex began their all out assaults, continuously striking the Ancient Harbinger of Storm with Laura supporting them without giving it any chance to retaliate. They used skills that granted it various debuffs to slow, poison, paralyze, blind, and weaken it, and then strike it with high-damage skills while Laura dismantled its defenses.

She binded its limbs and torso with her whip just for an instant, enough to prevent it from properly defending against the others' attacks. It was quite different from her usual fighting style, given she would always be the main damage dealer in any party as an A ranked adventurer and one of the greatest one of all time.

However, against such a powerful monster, she does understand that supporting the three would be much more beneficial than trying to attack it only to do measly damage. And, this was also fun in its own way. She had never been in such a high speed battle. It was exciting!

In addition to Freya's <<Veil of Serenity>>, the tremendous amount of damage Leon and Vyra dealt to it, and Laura and Alex's efforts to not let it have a chance to counter attack, Irene, Mia, and Rafael were able to recover from the explosion and had their protective barriers reapplied.

"There you go. Be careful next time, okay?"

"U-Uuuh... That was my bad... I was too focused on spell casting."

"Me too... Thank you, Freya, Char. I'll be fine now."

"Yeah, I'll go back to the front line and support them."