Chapter 125.1 ~ Royal Academy Annual Tournament Day 3

AN:  Hey guys~! Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend and week ahead of you!!! If you don't then I hope this helps :D!!!

The second elimination round on the second day of the annual Royal Academy went by fairly smoothly for Leon's class.

Altria and Cecily won their matches convincingly in an even more overwhelming manner than their matches yesterday. Their opponents were by no means weak, but after knowing the average strength of the other students, they were able to adjust their power to them and not hold back as much.

Julius and Kierk also won their matches, but they took slightly longer than yesterday. They encountered opponents who have affinities to elements that are strong against them, thus they had to strategize more and take their time to find an opening.

Amaterasu also had an incredibly skilled student as her opponent. He was called Mav, the second son of Marquis Heuller, who aims to be a royal court magician. With affinities to two elements, earth and water, and his inherent talent in magic, he was one of the very few students who could possibly fight on par with Amaterasu and her teammates.

He has a variety of strong defensive spells and counterspells due to the nature of his elements, and his offensive power, although not on par, could potentially be very dangerous if combined with his counterspells.

If it was the Amaterasu from before then she would definitely have a hard time penetrating through his defenses. After all, she had only been supporting and protecting her allies from the middle or rear in a battle, so she wasn't well versed in attacking. But now, after practicing more offensive <<Divine Fox Arts>> with the help of Leon, her offensive power has improved greatly.

She could even pierce through Altria's intermediate ranked defensive earth spell, <<Earth Shield>>, that Altria erected when she spared against her, even though she lost in the end due to Altria's speed and swordsmanship.

With her improved offensive prowess, Amaterasu was able to pierce through Mav's best defensive fusion magic with her Divine Fox Arts: Heavenly Lightning Chakram.

The audience applauded him for the amazing magical prowess he displayed and his efforts. If it was an opponent from any other class, they're all confident that Mav would come out victorious.

For those who had seen the previous royal tournaments, they could all agree that many of the students this year are very impressive. Even when compared to the previous tournaments' participants, they are well above average. The students' talents and the guidance given by the teachers of the royal academy have certainly improved the magical standard of the Arcland Kingdom. But the Shrine Maiden Princess and the students from the [Dark Hero]'s class were simply on a whole different level.

Thus, the second elimination round ended as expected with Leon's class being first place with a perfect 20 points.

Kyria, Aqua, Mav, and a few of the other students who fought against Amaterasu and the others during the two elimination round days also managed to advance to the third day. Although they lost their matches against Leon's class, they won their other matches and managed to accumulate enough points to advance.

Thus, the third day of the tournament has arrived. It will be held in the main arena which could hold many more audiences than both training grounds combined with also a larger arena.

The six teams with the highest points at the end of the second day will be competing in a team versus match today.

The team match will be five students against five students. It will be in a double-elimination format with the first and second classes with the highest points getting a bye on the first round. The third place will fight against the fourth place and the loser will go to the lower brackets for a second chance in the tournament. This will also be the case for the fifth and sixth place.