Chapter 211 ~ Rathalos

AN: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! Thank you very much for supporting me all this year! I will keep doing my best for years to come and I hope my stories can continue being enjoyable to you!

Wish you all a great day and year ahead! Here's to a better year!!!

Standing at the edge of the training ground, where the entirety of it has been enveloped by multiple divine barriers set by the Goddess, the entirety of Crimson Lightning, as well as Aria, Iris, Irene, the three Demon Lords, and Celestine had gathered, focusing their attention to the figures at the center of the training ground.

A few days have passed since Leon's Brides Conference offline meeting with the addition of Leon himself, Lilith, and Sonya in the royal palace.

Aria, Iris, and Irene have come to visit the Misteltein mansion as per the arrangement they've made for Irene to join their training. They've just completed their morning training in the form of combat training as a group against high-level monsters that existed in the Dungeon of Wrath with the help of Vivian's power.

But upon completing their training for the day, Leon made a request to Vivian, asking her if she could let him fight alone against the second-floor boss of the Dungeon of wrath.

The request shocked everyone, as well as eliciting worried complaints from his lovers, but he insisted, intending to train and test his current strength and divinity against a floor boss.

Freya, Aria, and all of his lovers were especially against it. However, after Celestine's assurance to protect him the moment he's in great danger and Leon's insistence, they finally relented.

They watched Leon, standing at the center of the training ground in his Overcoat of Endless Night, Misteltein in his right hand, and Apocalypse in his left.

A soft golden hue of undulating aura surrounded his body like a calm yet powerful aura. The two weapons in his hands also glowed as he extended his aura towards it as he faced before him a giant humanoid monster with the body of a giant ape or gorilla, scars and crackling veins of glowing crimson magma coursing all over it, a combination of an ape and bull for a head with giant bottom fangs protruding out of its jaw, and giant obsidian horns with the crackling veins of crimson magma, protruding out horizontally and curving down at the end.

Its arms, legs, and head were covered in dark crimson fur, and running along its back, a streak of bright red flames burned furiously. Its eyes glowed fiercely as it planted both of its thick, mammoth size arms in front of Leon.

Bursts of flames escaped its mouth as the second floor boss of the Dungeon of Wrath, the Ancient Flaming Beast Rathalos breathed heavily before him.

It's eyes flash, and with a sudden powerful movement, it lifted up its gigantic, muscular arms up into the air and slammed down onto Leon.

The ground shook greatly at the tremendous impact, lifting up a large cloud of dust in its wake. From within it, Leon's figure emerged, unperturbed in the least, and pointed his Apocalypse towards it.

The tip of his staff began to glow a light blue shine with a glimmer of gold, shimmering more and more with particles of ice and hail starting to form around it as a tremendous amount of mana gathered.

"<<Spell: Nifleheim>>!!!"

He waved brightly shimmering staff and immediately, thick layers of ice covered the entire training ground. Storm of hail and ice enveloped the sky and giant spikes of ice burst forth from the ground piercing the thick, flaming hide of the flaming beast as its massive limbs began to freeze to the ground.