Chapter 177 ~ Longing Heart

AN: Hope you guys enjoy this week's update~!!!!!! Stay safe and I wish you all a great day and week ahead of you~!

Daybreak.

A group of carriages accompanied by knights on horseback trod through the rarely empty central road of Arcadia.

After saying their farewells the previous night, Crimson Lightning and the Holy Saintess's party departed to the Capital of the Holy Country, Oratio, the very next morning.

No stores were opened yet this early in the morning, only a few diligent store owners and street-side vendors had started preparing for the day, allowing them to quickly make their way out of the capital city through the empty streets.

Remnants of the cold night wind still remained. It was a cold morning, but Leon and Charlotte had cast an enchantment onto three of the four carriages to make them warm and comfortable inside.

Right after casting it, Charlotte fell right back to sleep using Leon's lap as her pillow. Lily and Jeanne similarly fell asleep and rested their heads on Freya's and Vyra's shoulders; Jeanne because she was too excited to sleep last night and Lily because she lost control of herself and satisfy her with Leon's kisses and warmth.

Mia, Rafael, Laura, Victoria, Vincent, and Euphemia were in the second and third carriage, while the fourth was used for Jeanne, Euphemia, and the knights' luggage and camping equipment.

They were quite shocked when they learned that all members of Crimson Lightning possess a ring with the extremely rare <<Storage>> spell enchanted to it, allowing them to store their luggage within. Many of the knights couldn't help but become jealous of them due to the sheer convenience the <<Storage>> spell could provide them on their missions.

It was peacefully silent within the carriage except for the clacking of horseshoe against the paved road and clattering of the carriage.

Leon stroked Charlotte's silky silver-white hair softly as he looked out the window. In his mind, a myriad of simulations of the meeting with the Pope run quickly. He predicted, analyzed, and assessed the possibilities that he might encounter in the talk and prepared appropriate responses.

While he was sure the Holy Country held them in favorable regard, he couldn't expect this to continue in the future. Being the "Apostle" would prevent them from bringing harm to him and his friends directly, but in turn, they will also hide those malicious intents more, making it harder for him to notice it. Even though Jeanne, Euphemia, Gilbert, and the holy knights and paladins who he had met didn't seem to hold any ill intent towards Crimson Lightning, Leon still had to make sure of the Pope's and the Holy Country's perception of them, what they intend to do, and what relationship do they want to have with him and his friends. If possible, it would be great if he could access each and every high-ranking personnel in the Holy Country to see what they think of Crimson Lightning.

"Munyaaaa~"

Leon looked down at his little sister and curled up his lips into a small smile at her cute mewl. All thoughts that muddied his mind disappeared and were replaced by the figure of the angel sleeping on his lap.

"She looks so comfortable. I'm a little jealous."

The beautiful melodic voice of the golden-haired Goddess raised his head and made him look at her beautiful smiling face. His eyes, full of love and gentleness as he peered back into her love-filled gaze.