Chapter 185 ~ Fashion Show + Dinner

The sound of rustling leaves and heavy, earth-shaking footsteps resounded throughout the forest.

While few in numbers, monsters were not that rare in the forest north of the Holy Country's capital, Oratio. The highest-ranked monster that has invaded Oratio, aside from the Dark High-Orc king and its tribe, was a low Disaster ranked monster, and the order of the Holy Knights and paladins was enough to defeat it and protect the capital city.

At most, the monsters in this forest served only as a repellant for regular citizens to not enter the forest. But for Leon and Vyra who're currently having a date in the forest, they were pests that needed to be killed or chase away as to not disturb their time alone.

A heavy boom resounded as the body of a giant ape-like monster with bull horns fell limply to the ground with a single diagonal slash wound across its chest.

"Good work Vy. It seems that is the last monster near us."

Leon swung his sword to the ground, ridding the blood from his crimson red sword, and returned it to his <<Inventory>>.

Beside him, the black-haired feline assassin also sheathed her blade behind her back and made her way back to her beloved shyly.

"U-Uhn."

Her heart beated quickly. It's finally time, time for her to relax alone with her beloved surrounded by the forest and nature. While she did enjoy spending time with her beloved along with her sisters, she also treasured this private time she has alone with him very much. She was very glad she managed to muster the courage to ask him for his time.

"Then, let's go find some place we can rest in."

"Y-Yes!"

Hand in hand, the two walked around the forest in search of a place with beautiful scenery, and soon, they've found it.

After nearing the center of the forest, they came across a beautiful lake. The clear, blue water shined and glimmered under the sunlight as few green leaves floated on its tranquil surface.

"It's beautiful..."

Vyra stared at the unexpected sight in wonder. She did not expect such a place to exist in this small forest.

Just then, she felt a hand wrapping around her hand and interlocking their fingers.

"Yes, it is. I'm glad we found it together."

Her face blushed at his words, and her hand tightened its hold around him instinctively. She stole a glance at his beloved, but right after catching a glimpse of his smiling countenance, she quickly averted her gaze away to protect her rapidly beating heart.

"Let's take a seat there and enjoy the scenery, Vy."

"Uhn..."

Failing to respond any other way from her nervousness, Vyra let out a small mumble and nodded before letting Leon lead the way.

They took a seat under the shade of the largest tree they could find near the lake. Leon had Vyra rest her head on his lap and stroke her hair softly, eliciting blissful purrs from his adorable feline lover.

"It has been a while since we've done this."

"Mm..."

"Let's do this more often, okay?"

"E-Eh? I-Is that really okay...?"

"Of course. I love spending my time with you, Vy. So please, don't hold back from asking me for something like this next time. Understood?"