Chapter 148 ~ Arrival

AN: Been feeling like everything is burning around me XDXD There are literally hidden assignments that my lecturers posted on our uni's websites without telling anyone. They're easy, but still... Seriously landmines everywhere...

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter~! Please vote and comment your thoughts~! You can read ahead 5 chapters in my patreon, patreon.com/verglasx ! Feel free to check it out if you're interested XD!! Have a nice day~!!!!!!!!

In the royal capital of Bestia, Takamagahara, in the Himeji royal palace.

There exist several throne rooms, each used to welcome and/or grant audiences to different types of guests. One of the throne rooms was specifically used for the king to meet with his closest aides, prime ministers, or the royal family members. Though the design, architecture, and overall structure of the palace differ greatly from Arcland's royal palace, the two were similar at this point.

Right now, all members of Bestia's royal family were present in this throne room.

"Oh, dear father, dear mother! What is it that you need us for? Is it about little Amaterasu and her friends?"

The boisterous laugh of a man resounded throughout the throne room. The man had raven-like messy hair that flowed down to his waist and a tall, muscular figure clad in a loosely tied black yukata, revealing his well-defined chest muscle. Two jet-black fox ears stood proudly on his head, and his foxtail swayed around right above his tailbone. On his waist, a wooden sword was strapped on by his yukata obi.

"Susanoo, do not raise your voice in front of our parents."

The man, who had been standing beside Susanoo silently, finally spoke. He had a lean and slim figure compared to the warrior-like figure of his brother. His yukata was properly and neatly worn, and his long, raven-colored hair was neatly tied into a ponytail.

"There's only us here, so isn't it fine dear brother? Right, dear father?"

"Hah... As a prince, you should still maintain your composure even when there's no one else here, Susanoo."

The man, sitting on the throne, said in a baritone voice. Despite clad in a loose yukata, one he'd usually wear only in front of his family, his burly and muscular figure was still very imposing. Thick chest, broad shoulders, muscles that ripple visibly under his yukata. It wasn't just his physical body, every atom of his being, his regal bearing, the intensity of his presence, all were phenomenal.

This was the ruler of the "Kingdom of the Rising Sun", Izanagi no Mikoto.

However, at this moment, he didn't exude such an intense aura since he was with his dear and lovely wife and his sons.

"Ufufufu~ Isn't it fine, dear~ Susano wouldn't act this way in front of the ministers and local lords. And especially not in front of the prophesied man and his friends. Isn't that right, Susanoo?"

"Y-Yes! O-Of course, dear mother!"

Despite his fairly muscular build and the fearless smile he sported just a moment ago, Susanoo immediately shrunk and sweated profusely under his mother's gaze.

The woman, sitting beside her husband, giggled as she looked at her second son with a bone-chilling gaze. The fact that she could create such a fearsome gaze while still displaying a kind and gentle smile only served to deepen the fear of her son. While his mother, Izanami no Mikoto, was known as the most beautiful woman in Bestia with her Sakura-colored beautiful flowing hair and fox features, a gentle and kind smile, and unrivaled countenance, Susanoo couldn't help but be scared of his mother, even more than his father, exactly because of her chilling smile. He'd even pray that his cute little ball of sunshine of a little sister wouldn't grow up to have such a chilling smile.