Chapter 135.1 ~ Monsters of Sins

AN: The plot of the story goes forward~!!! Ufufufu~ Hope you guys enjoy this update~!! Stay safe everyone~!!! Love you all~!

"U-Uhm!"

Everyone turned their gaze towards the beautiful Shrine Maiden Princess as her voice resounded throughout the room.

"T-There is something I would like to add regarding this."

Arthur and the others became silent the moment they heard it. They had no idea what the Shrine Maiden Princess wanted to add so suddenly. Was it because it was related to the elemental foxes? Arthur did know that elemental foxes were considered legendary magic beasts and the fox deity was greatly worshipped even amongst the many deities in Bestia. The same assumption was made by Darius, Verand, Julia, Irene, and Yves. But the same wasn't the case for Leon and his group, including Aria and Iris. Though her eyes were slightly red and puffy from the tears she shed earlier, they could see her determination and resolve, and roughly guessed what she wanted to add.

Freya, Vyra, Lily, Aria, and Iris felt very proud and happy for her. Though she was shy, she finally found the determination to confront her feelings and maybe even confess it to Leon in front of everyone here. However, the same couldn't be said for Leon and Altria. Rather than happy, they were more surprised at her decision.

Leon purposefully omitted the part about the prophecy she told him in his explanation. Though everyone here knew that he could fuse with Lux and Noir, no one knew about the prophecy and they've made an oath to not reveal this. So if Amaterasu didn't reveal the prophecy to them, she could simply stay silent and ask Leon and the others to not reveal it to anyone as well. That way, she could simply marry the man she fell in love with. Moreover, even if she didn't marry him, Leon would still fight to protect this world, the new home that he will live in with his lovers and friends. However...

Resolve... Hopefulness... Nervousness...

Those were the emotions Leon saw in Amaterasu, and he did identify it perfectly. However, he couldn't understand what caused her to have those emotions.

This decision also shocked Amaterasu's aide and best friend. Though, after noticing her gaze, she understood what her princess intended to do. She smiled and gave her words of encouragement inwardly, praying that she would have the courage and ability to put her feelings into words and present it to her beloved.

"By all means, princess Amaterasu. Please."

"T-Thank you."

Bowing deeply towards the king, Amaterasu took a deep breath and readied herself.

"There was a prophecy made by the Divine Fox race's first ancestor. It tells about a disaster that will consume the world and the hero, chosen by Goddess Celestine, who will bring salvation. In the prophecy, the Shrine Maiden Princess will be wedded to the hero, and together they will bring peace to this world."

Everyone besides Crimson Lightning, Aria, and Iris widened their eyes in shock.

"At first, the appearance of the Armageddon class being along with several other Calamity class monsters was thought to be the world ending disaster while the legendary hero who managed to fend them was the chosen hero. But, when he was brought to the first ancestor, we found out that the legendary hero was not the prophesied hero and that the largest disaster that will threaten the very existence of this world has yet to come. However, the shrine maiden princess at that time had already fallen in love with the legendary hero and they wedded. Though he wasn't the prophesied man, they were deeply in love and nothing could've stopped their love."