Chapter 195 ~ Night Raid (1)

Under the brightly shining sun and clear blue sky, three luxurious carriages raced through the plains.

Their movements were shockingly stable despite the speed at which they were racing on rough grounds.

The wheels of these carriages have been enchanted by Leon and Charlotte to increase their toughness as well as giving them the capabilities of dampening any shaking caused by the uneven grounds, essentially adding suspensions to these carriages.

These luxurious carriages - far out of reach even for the wealthy due to its appearance and functionality- were escorted by a group of knights mounted atop powerful white horses.

There were ten of these riders, each clad in pure white armor and armed with a longsword and a shield. These riders encircled the group of carriages, four on each side, one in front, and one in the rear.

Within the first carriage, a man with jet-black hair and a little girl with shining pure white hair sat across three golden-haired beauties.

At first glance, they looked like three sisters as they chatted very amiably with bright smiles. The mere sight of them would cause anyone, especially men, to fall into a daze and have their heart stolen, unable to tear their gaze away from them. It was just too beautiful.

The white-haired girl laid her head comfortably on the black-haired man's lap as she slowly savored the taste of the strawberry crepe that her beloved brother made for her. She showed a blissful expression as she enjoyed her crepe and her brother's gentle hand stroking her hair. This situation was heaven for her.

A smile appeared on the black-haired man's face as he watched her sister enjoying her snack on his lap.

She was a true angel overloaded by unearthly cuteness. He just couldn't help but spoil her.

Many told him he was a siscon, but to him, it was simply his duty as his older brother. A duty he'll gladly do; spoiling his cute little sister.

He has been enjoying watching his lovers and Jeanne talking with each other and spoiling his little sister all day, practically since the time of their departure.

Though the sky and sun had not turned orange, it was now around noon, and he was still not bored.

They've covered more than a day's worth of distance if they were on a regular carriage, and they will still be covering more distance before stopping.

As he stroked Charlotte's hair, a telepathic message suddenly resounded in his mind.

[Leon, it is time. We just finished briefing Yamato's team.]

[I understand. I will go now.]

[Mm. Meet us in...]

[Understood.]

He slowly opened his eyes and look towards the three who were sitting before him.

"I will be going now."

With a soft and gentle smile, he told the three.

Leon had explained what he will do this night in Bestia and informed them of his departure yesterday night. He had also asked them to give the knights escorting them an excuse for his absence.

"Mm. Be careful, darling."

"We will be waiting for your return, Leon. Please be careful."

Freya said in a soft yet assured tone, her voice filled with conviction and trust that her darling will return to her safely. Similarly, Lily smiled softly and said with an assured voice.