Chapter 130.1 ~ Interlude

AN: Hey guys~!!!! I'm back~!! Wooooo~!!!! I've been feeling better, though writing is still a bit hard, I'm better! At least, I can write something that is enjoyable! I hope you guys have a great day and week ahead of you~! Stay safe, stay healthy!

The Royal Academy Cafeteria was located in the Royal Academy's left-wing. It occupied almost the entire floor and was one of the most luxurious places in the academy.

A marbled floor, chandeliers, tables of sophisticated craftsmanship and covered by an immaculate pure white table cloth, chairs cushioned with extremely soft and comfortable materials, and delicacies that wouldn't lose to even the best restaurants of Arcland; The Royal Academy Cafeteria boasted luxurious services and foods that would guarantee the satisfaction of students, teachers, and guests.

Right now, the Royal Academy Cafeteria has become the busiest it has been. Numerous noble households that had come to spectate the tournament had gathered for lunch.

The atmosphere, food, services, everything was amazing, even by a noble's standard. However, their attention and curiosity were currently spent on a certain group in one corner of the cafeteria.

The royal guards in full armor created a perimeter around a small part of the cafeteria where the royal family was dining along with the Crimson Lightning and the royal guard commander and his family. Their aides served them closely, though Iris was forced to join the meal by her fellow aides. Victoria and Vincent, who had just arrived to the academy after finishing their work in Misteltein for the day, were also invited by the King to join.

Teachers and those adept in magic also noticed invisible barriers around the area the royal family was dining in. At first, they thought that the headmistress had prepared it beforehand. But when they looked closer, they became shocked.

These barriers were unlike anything they've seen. Its strength transcended any barriers they know of. It even transcended advanced ranked defensive spells that could defend against advanced ranked spells. Such a thing was never heard of.

Barriers were used to protect a certain area for a prolonged period of time. Thus, its defense was usually diminished in favor of its active duration. But the barrier before them were ones with the defensive power that transcended even advanced defensive spells. It was the perfect barrier.

The teachers had never seen the headmistress developing such phenomenal spells. Thus, the only possibility left would be the Crimson Lightning.

No one questioned why the Crimson Lightning was allowed to dine with the royalties. After all, the fact that Crimson Lightning had close relations with the royal family was common knowledge. They all possessed medals of the royal family and the [Dark Hero] himself was the bearer of the princess's royal dagger. Moreover, they've been invited to dine by the royal family themselves. There was absolutely no one that could refute their closeness.

Lunch went by smoothly for the royal family and Leon and the others as absolutely no one dared to interrupt and ruin their merry atmosphere.

After they finished their meal, they continued conversing with one another.

"...Your highness, is there something wrong?"

"E-Eh?!"

Leon looked at Aria worriedly since she had been fidgeting for a while now. She seemed to be feeling uneasy, but then, she braved herself to ask Leon.

"U-Uhm, Leon. I wish to have a stroll around the academy and visit the food vendors, will you accompany me?"

"Eh?"