Chapter 260 ~ Promise

Upon defeating the Ancient Volcanic Red Dragon Roshan, Leon and the others began setting up camp and casting the protective barrier to serve as a shelter as well as to regulate the temperature to comfortable levels.

Vincent, Alex, and Drakon began setting up the large luxurious tents and beds for the night's rest, while the girls split up into two groups.

Bellona prepared dinner with the help of Lilith, Aura, and Vivian. While Vyra, Victoria, and Sonya set up the furniture in the communal area and the dining table.

And finally, in one of the tents Drakon had set up, Lily, Irene, Mia, Rafael, and Laura sat around in a circle with Freya and Leon at the center as they cast a continuous healing spell and mana recovering spell.

A beautiful glow of white, gold, and blue emanated from the two at the center, and spread out around them, enveloping the others within the tent like a wave of cool, refreshing water that washed over their body or a refreshing spring breeze.

The burns and singers that still remained after Leon's hurried healing in the midst of battle slowly disappeared as energy and mana filled their body.

A few minutes later, the glow emanating from the two slowly dissipated after they finished healing all of them.

"I'm sorry for troubling you two..."

Lily lowered her head as she sat down on her knees, curling up the hands she rested on her lap into a fist.

"Mm... If only I was quicker with casting my defensive spell, I could've protected Lily and Mia in addition to myself... And we wouldn't be in that state."

Irene nodded, placing a hand on Lily's fists, causing them relax and Lily to look at her.

"No, Irene. It's not your fault. We all could've done something. We were just not fast enough..."

"That's right. I also could've cast a barrier or something, but I was casting something else, and I couldn't stop it and switch in time..."

Mia sighed and tightened her hold on the staff she had resting on her lap.

"I should've dodged to the side instead of backwards too... If I did, I might've escaped the hell fire..."

Rafael clenched his fists and hit his thigh in frustration. In hindsight, what he did was stupid. He was extremely close to the dragon when it was about to unleash its breath attack, and the logical way to avoid it was going to the side so he wouldn't be in front of its maw. But in that split second time he had to react, he leaped backwards instinctively, causing him to get consumed by the raging hell flame.

"Everything is fine. Roshan's hell flame breath has a massive area of effect that consumes everything in its path. And since it happened suddenly, it's inevitable to receive some damage from it. As long as you are all safe and healed now, there's nothing to worry about. Just take this as a lesson and be more careful next time."

Leon sat up slightly and wrapped his arms around Lily and Irene's shoulder, pulling them into his embrace and began stroking their beautiful golden and crimson hair.

"That's right~ Don't mind it, you guys~ We all messed up a bit there~ So don't think of it too much~"

"*Gulp* *Gulp* Puhaaaa~!!! What they said, twerps! Stop chewing yourselves over it and learn from it instead!"

Laura let out a satisfied sigh after gulping down a few mouthfuls of beer from her bottle and wrapped her arms around Mia and Rafael's neck, strangling them slightly as the two began to struggle.