Chapter 198 ~ Return to Arcland

A week and a half have passed since Misteltein's departure from Oratio and they've finally arrived back to the capital of Arcland, Arcadia.

All the soldiers at the gate welcomed and saluted them, letting them pass as quickly as they could through a special entrance. Then, they headed straight to their mansion along with the few holy knights and paladins who escorted them.

Once they arrived right in front of the mansion, Leon, Jeanne, and the others all alighted from their carriages.

Their luggages were already stored inside their own <<Storage>> rings while Jeanne and Euphemia's luggages were put into Leon's for the time being.

All the holy knights and paladins who escorted them saluted while the leader approached Leon.

"Sir Leon, we shall leave the care of the Holy Saintess and her aide to Misteltein."

"Understood. We shall give them the best hospitality and protection during their stay. Please rest assured."

The leader of the escort smiled and nodded. But as he was about to leave, Leon stopped him and placed a large leather pouch on his hands, causing him to slightly lose his balance from the sudden heaviness.

His eyes widened, realizing the contents of the pouch.

"S-Sir Leon, this is..."

"Use it for your trip back."

"But this is too much!"

Judging by the weight, there would be no less than 500 gold coins in this pouch. There were perhaps 600 gold coins in this pouch, which was far more than what they needed for their two weeks return trip to Oratio.

"Keep it. Consider it our gratitude for escorting us here."

"T-That's..."

He looked at Leon in bewilderment and hesitation. His gaze moves towards the Holy Saintess, and he saw her nodding at him with a smile, urging him to accept it.

Finally, he relented and bowed deeply.

"Thank you very much for your generosity. We shall use it gratefully."

"Mm."

"Then, we shall depart now. May the Goddess's blessings be with you."

With one last salute, all the holy knights and paladins left the mansion and made their way back to Oratio.

"Now, Jeanne, Euphie~ It's time to pick your rooms~! Darling, come with us too so you can place their luggages!"

"Y-Yes! Please take care of us!"

"Thank you very much. I am sorry for the trouble."

Once they entered, they saw Lloyd and most of the maids and male servants already standing by the entrance, ready to welcome them.

"Welcome home, my lord."

They all greeted them in unison and lowered their heads.

"Thank you for welcoming us, everyone. Lloyd, we will be housing a guest starting from today until the foreseeable future. I would like you to show them around the mansion after they've settled."

Leon gestured towards Jeanne and Euphemia.

"This is the Holy Saintess of the Holy Country, Jeanne, and her aide, Euphemia. Please serve them with your utmost hospitality and respect."

"Understood. On behalf of all the servants of the Misteltein household, we welcome you, Holy Saintess, Lady Euphemia."

"Y-Yes! We shall be in your care."