Chapter 249 ~ First Floor

Upon Leon and Vyra's return, they all gathered in the meeting hall once again to discuss the result of the preliminary scouting done by the two.

They were able to confirm many things, starting from the accuracy of their map layout, the type of monsters there, and the approximation of their strengths. While there was a slight overestimation of the strengths of the monsters, given they no longer have the blessings of their lord, there were very few changes needed to be done to their plan.

Thus, upon finishing their meeting at nightfall, they all went to rest early and prepare for the raid that will start early in the morning tomorrow.

Leon, still in his <<Overcoat of EndlessNight>>, walked outside to the balcony of the parlor, overlooking the endless expanse of the sea and the dark, starry night sky that stretched far into the horizon.

The gentle, refreshing, cold sea breeze, that was only possibly because of the protective barrier his mother had erected around the temporary castle Drakon built in this charred hellish landscape, hit his face and blew at his jet-black hair softly.

Having only been in landlocked places like the royal capital of Arcland, Takamagahara in Bestia, and Oratio of the Holy Kingdom, this was the first time that Leon had seen the sea of this world.

He stared at it in silence, at the beauty of his mother's creations before closing his eyes and taking a deep breath of the slightly salty sea breeze.

And after a few moments of only the sound of waves accompanying him in the silence, he heard a soft clacking of high heels that approached him slowly before stopping right by his side. He opened his eyes to glance to his side and saw Lilith, bundling up in the crimson red coat he gave her the last time they met in a similar situation in his mansion.

Although she was completely immune to cold, or any type of weather for the matter, she was covering her entire body in the large coat he gave her, hugging it preciously and tightly as she stared off into the sea with a peaceful, gentle smile on her beautiful face.

His lips curled into a smile and he shifted his gaze back to the sea. Right after, he felt her leaning on his shoulder without a word, and they spent a few while in the peaceful silence and in each other's presence.

"...Are you nervous, Leon?"

"...No. We've prepared as much as we could, and I trust in all of our abilities."

"Ufufufu, I see~ That's very reassuring. I hope we can finish this as quickly as possible."

"Mm. Let's do our best."

"Uhn~"

A moment of silence passed as the sound of waves crashing against shore echoed from the distance. A silence spent peacefully and blissfully.

"Hey, Leon."

"Hm?"

"May I stay with you in the mansion even after this is over?"

Leon looked at her in surprise as she moved his gaze towards him as well, her lips curled into a beautiful smile.

"I've grown to love your home a lot. Even more that my own. I felt so much more happiness in the short time I'm there compared to the hundred of thousands of years I spent elsewhere. So... Can I stay? With you... and everyone else?"

He stared right into her eyes for a moment before his gaze softened and nodded his head.

"Of course. You have your own room there. It's already your home."

Her eyes grew wide for a moment before an even wider, more beautiful smile appeared on her face.

She nuzzled her head to his neck and held his hand tightly, intertwining her fingers with him as she whispered her gratitude.