Chapter 129.2 ~ Final Day of the Annual Royal Academy Tournament

AN: Uni stuff, especially the stress it caused, made it pretty hard for me to write something... fun. Because it's getting hard to write, every day is just me getting in words to at least make a chapter so I can sustain these weekly updates. Hah... But don't worry. Grandeur Fantasia is my baby and I don't plan on suddenly ending it before the story actually ends. Been writing some other stories to help me relax from all the uni stuff. Hope I can get through this kind-of writer's block XD!!!! 

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!!!! XDXD Love you all!!!!!

PS. Please excuse my rant XD Just wanted to share how I'm feeling with you guys.

The clash of spells caused a massive explosion of steam. Kyria, Redric, Layla, Navyus, Hilton, the spectators, everyone held their breath in bated anticipation. Then slowly, as the steam started to disperse, they all gasped.

"..."

"I-Impossible..."

Kyria's eyes widened in shock as she saw Aqua's figure holding onto the last layer of barrier of her frozen rose.

Her fire lances, even though they were one of her strongest spells and the shield had slightly weakened from having to fire petals at Redric's boulders, still couldn't pierce through it.

Aqua was already panting in exhaustion. In the last second, she had to infuse more of her magical power to the last barrier to defend against the last crimson lance, causing the need for her to exert more mana than she first expected. But she was successful.

Her current figure, despite looking exhausted, became the most imposing figure in the entire arena.

She raised her head and directed her icy blue eyes filled with determination towards Class 1, causing them to flinch.

"Now!"

From behind Aqua, Rico, Gardy, Erico, and Sally charged towards Kyria and the others. Magic circles of various colors were present in their hands according to their respective affinities.

This is bad! They've completed their spells!

In contrast, Navyus, Hilton, and Layla were still feeling the backlash of casting their intermediate ranked spell prematurely. While Redric and her had just finished casting their spells and couldn't immediately cast a defensive spell powerful enough to block their attacks.

There's no choice...

"Split up!"

At Kyria's command, Layla and Hilton run to the right while Redric, Navyus, and her run to the left.

By splitting up into two groups and running to opposite directions, they wouldn't be defeated at the same time. Moreover, they could also dodge the spells by running away.

But as if they've anticipated this, Class 3 also split up at a moment's notice. Aqua, Erico, and Gardy immediately pursued Kyria's group while Rico and Sally followed after Layla and Hilton.

They've also planned for this?!

Erico and Gardy cast the intermediate ranked fire and earth spells they've prepared. A burning lance launched towards Navyus. Fortunately, due to his alertness, he was barely able to dodge it. However, Navyus was still knocked far away from the explosion created when the fire lance impacted the ground. He flew off and rolled onto ground a few times before becoming unconscious.