Chapter 141 ~ Mother

AN: Been watching and loving the Trash Taste podcast XD Though, I've found out through it that many people seem to not like power fantasy like OP MCs and regular isekai shows. I do agree that many of them are just wish fulfillment where all problems became a foregone conclusion when the MC with his P2W OPness comes in. But I think that's why I like it. I read these light novels, mangas, and watch these anime to entertain myself. I don't want to cry or feel my heartbreak over the book or show I consume to make myself happy. That said, these are just my own opinion~ To each their own and you'd enjoy what you enjoy XD

Hope you guys enjoy this week's chapter~!!!! 

"Mother...?"

The woman nodded. Her smile and gaze become even more loving and gentle as tears continue to flow down her cheeks.

Leon stood frozen and speechless. All the facts, all the memories he had should prove that the woman before him wasn't her mother. Though only a few times, he had seen the face of his "mother" when she gave birth to his "little sister" and during his birthdays before he reached 5 years old.

The woman before him now looked and felt nothing like her. That woman had blonde hair, while she had beautiful, silky black hair. His "mother" exuded an air of arrogance in parties, while this woman exuded only benevolence, gentleness, kindness, and affection. His mind and logic told him that she wasn't his mother, but his heart said otherwise.

The moment he saw her, he could feel something resonating in his heart. This bond between them that he never knew he had yet had always existed. A bond between mother and child.

Before he could completely process the situation, the woman slowly approached Leon with graceful steps. She arrived right before Leon and looked up to him slightly. Their eyes met, and they gazed into each other's eyes that had the same crimson color as a multitude of indescribable feelings filled both their hearts.

She reached out her hand and cupped his cheek softly.

The warmth that transmitted through her touch, the love and affection he felt through her gaze and smile...

This was it.

It was the same sensation he felt in his dream and when he cast <<Goddess's Judgement>>.

"You've grown up so wonderfully, Leon... I'm so proud and happy for you."

More tears fell from her eyes, and this time, it wasn't just her. Tears began flowing down both of his eyes in a constant stream.

"I'm sorry... For everything. I was unable to be a good mother for you... I was... far from it... I'm sorry."

Her face twisted in pain and sadness. Her whole body trembled, and Leon could feel the hand touching his face shaking. His heart clenched tightly at the sight of her tears, and he instinctively reached out his hand and wiped her tears.

"I... don't know what you have done. Even now... I'm still unsure of the whole situation. But... I know that you must have a reason to do what you do. I know that you didn't do it willingly. After all, if you did... you wouldn't be suffering so much right now..."

She looked up to him with tears still flowing down her cheeks.

"I've come to terms with my past... They've helped me overcome my past, and now... All I wish is to live with them happily... and if possible... with you as well."

"Leon..."

"I would like to know what happened... And whatever happened to me... Know that I will never blame you for anything... mother."