Chapter 129.1 ~ Final Day of the Annual Royal Academy Tournament

AN: Exams now are like community raid bosses. Just finished the supposedly practical exams, but it turned into a class-wide boss raid  where many shared their skills and prowess while some get carried XD

The final day of the annual Royal Academy Tournament started early with a grand welcoming ceremony of the Royal Family members.

The Varya and Perlia household, along with many other households of high ranked nobles, also attended this final day. Normally, they would attend simply to watch the children of their household in the tournament or to see promising young nobles, but now, they were also interested in the students taught by the rumored [Dark Hero].

The headmistress made her welcoming speech to the attending nobles and commoners. Then, the king made his speech, accompanied by the queen, welcoming everyone to this tournament and also praising the students of the academy, especially those who had qualified for this final day.

After a loud round of applause and cheers for the king, the final day of the tournament truly began.

[Final day, first match. Class 1 vs Class 3. Both classes please be on standby in the waiting room.]

Hanna announced the upcoming match using her wind magic, and the two classes headed towards their respective waiting room.

Leon and his students all went to the seats prepared for them to spectate the match right after the announcement was made. They've just finished their meeting for their strategies in the finals. Silverius had devised plans for both Class 1 and Class 3 so they would be prepared when they were to fight one of them.

"Silverius, what do you think we can expect from this match?" Cecilia began.

"Hm... In terms of offensive capability, Class 1, Lady Kyria's team, has a higher offensive power compared to Lady Aqua's team. But Lady Aqua's defensive water magic is very powerful, especially against Lady Kyria and Sir Navyus's fire magic. Moreover, since Lady Aqua's team has two earth mages, their defensive capabilities would certainly be able to compete against Class 1's offensive. If I would have to guess how the match goes, then it will be completely dependent on their strategies and execution..."

"I see..."

After an announcement to welcome the participants of the match by Hanna, Class 1 and Class 3 entered the main arena. Cheers and applause filled the entire stadium as the two classes met in the middle, shook hands, and went to their sides.

Amaterasu's bushy tail swayed in excitement as she waited for the match to start, while the rest observed the formations both classes made carefully.

At first glance, the formations were as Silverius had expected. Aqua's team formed a more defensive formation while Kyria's team seemed to be looking to use their mobility advantage in an offensive formation. However, this time, Aqua stood in front as a vanguard.

"This is... Silverius, is Lady Aqua planning to be the center of their defense?"

"...I believe so. But without her Ice Lance, their offensive capability would drastically decrease."

"...Just what are you thinking, Lady Aqua?"

Cecily's frown deepened as she became more and more worried about her friend.

"Sir Leon, what do you think their plan is...?"

Altria asked Leon, who was sitting to her princess's right, while she was to her princess's left.