Chapter 146 ~ Before the Journey

AN: You may have already noticed, but I have the habit of always prolonging some arcs or chapters for no reason. And my reason for that? Sometimes its for character development, and sometimes you're right, it's for no reason... Sometimes, I just prolong some arcs because I somehow feel like not wanting to end it or there's something more I can do but didn't know what it is. I really have to learn how to move on with the plot and not have so many "down-time" (not really the right word since it is sometimes character development and world building) in my story and make it a fun journey for all of you as well as my self.

Hope you guys enjoy the chapter!!!!! Please vote and comment your thoughts~! You can read ahead 5 chapters in my patreon, patreon.com/verglasx ! Feel free to check it out if you're interested XD!!

"Welcome~ Ufufufu~ My name is Celestine, Leon's beloved mother and a Goddess. It is very nice to finally meet everyone~ Thank you for taking care of my son all this time~!"

Celestine and Leon sat on a couch. Before them, an antique tea kettle and several glasses, equalling the number of guests and the two of them, sat atop a masterfully crafted coffee table. The craftsmanship of the furniture and tea set rivalled even those belonging to the royal family.

But all of their attention was focused on the black haired woman in an immaculate white dress. Her beautiful eyes that reflected kindness and love peered into them with a soft gentle gaze. Her smile caused all of their hearts to tremble. Her entire appearance couldn't be described as simply "beautiful" as it wouldn't be able to fully describe how divine her beauty was.

After but a single glance, an urge to kneel in reverence to the Goddess took over and every one of them, even the queen, was about to bend their knees and pay their respects to the Goddess before Celestine interrupted them with a soft clap and her soft, gentle voice.

"Please come and take a seat~ My cute Leon has prepared tea for us~ They're very delicious~!"

In an instant, the divine and holy presence that had been causing them an instinctual urge to kneel down in reverence seemed to disappear. She was smiling in a very friendly manner, and the tone she had when talking about the tea sounded very motherly and excited, just like how mothers would sound when bragging about their children. As mothers, Sears, Lidia, and Elise could immediately recognize it and their perspective of her changed.

She was a Goddess and also a very loving, and maybe even a super-loving, mother to Leon.

They all felt slightly relieved and respectfully accepted her invitation.

Once they were seated, Sears, Alviss, and everyone introduced themselves in the manner befitting of high-ranking nobles to Celestine. Though they didn't feel as nervous as they did before, Celestine's appearance and decorum still inspired awe and respect towards even nobles. Thus unconsciously, they adopted a respectful manner of speech towards her.

But, after chatting for quite a while, the women, especially the mothers, started to relax as they chatted about the romantic relationships between their children. Julia felt slightly awkward with the topic since it was between her sister and her close friend, but she kept listening.

As she had spent her entire life drowning herself in the pursuit and study of magic, she never had any romantic relationship with any man, and seeing her sister this lovey-dovey with a man sparked her interest. Maybe it was about time she found a man for herself. She wanted him to be at least as interesting, but unfortunately, there weren't any men she knew who seemed to be remotely as interesting as Leon and his friends.