Chapter 246 ~ Departure

Leon changed into a semi-formal attire and went out early in the morning.

He opted for a new set of jet-black suit and shirt with crimson linings emblazoned on its edges, and black pants that Freya and the girls bought for him previously. He still had a lot of clothes and attires he had never worn yet since they bought him plenty of clothes, more than he could wear. Normally, he would simply wear a nice casual shirt if he were to just go out with his beloved. But this morning, he'll be going to the palace to meet with his beloved Aria and Iris.

With his name and appearance already well known by everyone in the palace, in addition to the medallion given by the royal family and the princess's royal dagger, he could've simply entered and asked for an audience with the princess. However, he still informed Aria of his arrival.

He had gone to meet her and Iris in the palace without informing them prior, hoping to surprise them. However, even though they were pleasantly surprised, they told him to give them a prior notice before coming so they could prepare themselves.

After all, while Aria would always dress immaculately, befitting her position as princess, she still wanted to fix her hair and make sure her dress appeared immaculate, and perhaps lose the shawl and a few pieces of her dress to appear more sexy for her beloved. Meanwhile, Iris would also want some time to wash herself if he were to come right after her training or change into a prettier dress than her knightly uniform to welcome him.

Upon arrival, Leon was led by a maid he recognized as one of Aria's loyal handmaidens to a private meeting chamber within the inner palace. It was a path he was familiar with as he had gone through it numerous times before for the same purpose, and he still got the same tingling sensation of nervousness and anticipation from meeting his beloved.

Upon arriving, the handmaiden opened the door and he was immediately greeted by the figures of his beloved, running towards him and jumping into his embrace.

"Leon~! I've missed you~!!!"

"Leon... It has truly been a while!"

Even Iris, who was normally shy and reserved, rested her head on his chest and wrapped her arms around his chest. Due to their respective responsibilities and duties, both Aria and Iris had not seen him nor their fellow sisters in quite a while and truly missed his presence.

Knowing the relationship between her princess, the princess's aide, and the [Dark Hero], the handmaiden respectfully closed her eyes, pretending to not see or hear anything, silently closed the door, and stood outside to guard it and prevent anyone from entering at her princess's behest.

"I've missed you too."

Leon stroked Aria's golden hair and Iris's flaming crimson hair softly and gave both of them a kiss on their head. The two tightened her hugs around him before Aria raised her head and looked at him.

"I was very surprised when you told me you wanted to meet us. We didn't make any plans in advance like we usually do. Is there something wrong?"

Hearing Aria's question, Iris also stopped rubbing her face on Leon's chest and looked up to him, wondering the same thing.

"Let's take a seat first. There is something I wish to tell you."

The two nodded and led Leon to the couch before sitting on either of his sides. Aria poured him a cup of tea and offered it to him. The fragrant smell of jasmine filled his nose as he brought the cup close to his lips and took a sip.

Letting out a sigh of relief, Leon placed the cup back to the saucer, thanked Aria, and held both of their hands.

Aria and Iris sensed the shift in demeanor when their beloved looked at them deeply and held their hands tight. They held his hand back, looked at him straight in the eyes, and waited for his words.