Chapter 192 ~ Recruitment

After discussing their decision with Illya, Evelyn, and Kyle, and reaching an agreement, Leon left the final processes to recruit them to the three.

"Leon, Victoria and I will be staying here to watch the underground's movements and protect Misteltein for the time being."

"I understand. Send me daily reports about your investigation."

"Of course."

Leon and Vyra stayed in one of the many resting rooms while Vincent and Victoria left to tell Illya about their stay.

"Shall we return to the castle, my liege?"

"Give me a moment. I will ask my mother if she is ready to leave."

"Understood."

Vyra nodded and stayed quiet as Leon closed his eyes.

[Mother. We are done with our business. Shall we return?]

[Oh my~ You're done already~? It feels like it has only been minutes~]

[Would you like to stay, mother?]

[Mm, I want to stay for a bit longer~ Don't mind me and Lilith~ We'll return once we're done ourselves~]

[I understand. Then, please take care.]

[Yes~ I love you, Leon~! Good bye~]

[Good bye.]

Leon severed the telepathic link between him and his mother and opened his eyes.

He stood up from the couch he sat on and looked at Vyra who was standing by his side.

"Mother still wishes to stay, so we will return ourselves."

"I understand. Shall I go and inform this to his majesty, Izanagi?"

"Please do. Although I believe mother will inform this to Lady Amenominakanushi, it would still be better if we tell them ourselves."

"Understood. Then, I shall return as soon as possible."

"Thank you very much, Vy."

Vyra bowed towards Leon before a black whirlwind enveloped her entire figure. In the next moment, she vanished along with the dark whirlwind, leaving not even a trace of her movement.

A few minutes later, she returned to his side with a calm expression.

"I have informed the king and queen of Bestia of our departure."

"Thank you. Then, let us go."

"Yes, my liege."

Leon activated his <<Gate>>, creating a magic circle below their feet that grew increasingly brighter and brighter. The brilliant light filled the room, and when it disappeared, Leon and Vyra were no longer in the room.

--------------------------------X--------------------------------

Leon and Vyra appeared in an empty, deserted alleyway in the Holy Kingdom and made their way back to the Grand Church.

The paladins, who were guarding the Gates, saluted and led them in. They've been told of the Goddess's Holy Knight and his companions' departure and their potential return later in the day. So, they were not surprised by their arrival.

Once they returned, Leon contacted Freya to ask where they were currently.

[Freya. We're back.]

[Oh, darling~ Welcome back. Come to my room, darling~! Lily, Mia, Jeanne, Euphemia, and I are having tea here~]

[Oh? Where are Rafael, Alex, and Miss Laura?]