Chapter 128 ~ Start of the Annual Royal Academy Tournament Final Day

AN: A little bit of a shorter one this week so I'll release the whole chapter today! Hope you guys enjoy it XD!!!!

The final day of the Royal Academy's annual tournament started with a grand welcoming ceremony for the Royal Family.

It was a once a year chance for commoners and lower nobles to see the royal family, thus there were even more people filling the main arena of the royal academy.

The royal family was escorted by the Royal Guard's First Squadron lead by the commander of the Royal Guard, Verand von Varya, and the Royal Court Magician's First Squadron lead by the head of the royal court magicians, Julia von Perlia. Following close behind them were the aides of each royalty.

A large crowd gathered on the sides of the path the royal carriage was on, hoping to catch a glance of the royal family. The royal family had always been regarded very highly and idolized by commoners. They've created a kingdom where not only nobles but also commoners could live without having to worry about food and war. Even the queen and princess were also known to be benevolent Goddesses for having visited and donated to orphanages all around the Kingdom. Moreover, with the help of the heroic Crimson Lightning, they've even rid corrupted nobles and slavery off this kingdom down to the last person.

It was no wonder that their perception of the royal family had become extremely wonderful.

"Your Majesty!!"

"Long live the royal family!!"

"Your highness!"

"Kyaaa~! Her highness is waving!!"

"R-Really?! Your highness!!!"

The citizens' cheer erupted into a roar when they caught a glance of the princess waving their hands towards them.

From inside the carriage, Aria was smiling every so brightly as she waved at her subjects.

"Hehe. My dear sister, you seemed to be exceptionally cheerful today."

"Ufufufu~ Of course, dear brother. It has been quite a while since I've met Leon and every one of Crimson Lightning so I am very excited."

"You've met him just a few days ago-"

"Hm? Is there a problem, dear brother?"

"N-No..."

The crown prince, Alviss shrank down and sighed under the scary gaze of her smiling little sister. Beside them, Seara chuckled at their interaction while Arthur smiled slightly.

"I know you are excited, Aria. But it would trouble the knights if you continue to wave at the citizens. I think that would be enough."

"I understand, dear father."

Aria waved one last time before closing the curtains covering the carriage windows. Then from her side, her mother, Seara clapped her hands and cheerfully said

"Hehehe~ Then since we are about to arrive, shall we prepare ourselves?"

-----------------------------X--------------------------------

In front of the main entrance, the crimson-haired headmistress stood along with her assistant, Hanna, and other teachers and guards from the royal academy to welcome the royal family.