Chapter 267 ~ Bestia Royal Family

Royal Capital of Bestia, Takamagahara.

Within the warmly lit interior of the throne room of the Himeji Royal Palace, Leon sat in a kneeling position, or seiza, before the royal family of Bestia along with Amaterasu on his side.

Leon, his lovers, and his mother had just arrived through the use of his <<Gate>> spell to teleport right into this room after receiving permissions from his majesty and the first ancestor of the divine fox race. And when they appeared, Amaterasu's family had all gathered in this room to welcome them.

Knowing what their intentions for coming were, Izanagi asked everyone aside from Leon and his daughter, even the princess of Arcland, Saintess of the Holy Kingdom, and the Goddess, to step outside while they had this private conversation.

And now, after Leon expressed his intentions of marrying Amaterasu, Izanagi no Mikoto, Ruler of Bestia and father of Amaterasu, stared at him with a stern gaze on his ever serious and steely countenance.

"I knew this time would come..."

"D-Dear father..."

Amaterasu looked at her father anxiously as he kept his stern gaze on Leon and stared at him in silence.

At this point, the silence alone would be enough to suffocate those with a faint heart. In addition to the aura and intimidating presence of the Ruler of the Kingdom of the Rising Sun, anyone would've trembled uncomfortably in their seat.

But Leon kept his back straight and looked at him straight in the eyes. He was not intimidated by his presence, and from his gaze, Izanagi knew that the man before him would do everything in his power to have Amaterasu as his bride even if he were to not accept him.

There was not even a sliver of doubt in his eyes. He was dead serious about marrying Amaterasu.

Never in his life would he expect the prophesied man and the son of the Goddess to ask for his daughter's hand in marriage like this.

But... from the moment he saw her daughter's eyes when she first introduced him, he knew this time would come sooner or later. He just hoped it would be later... much later than this!

He hadn't had enough time to spoil his precious daughter. And to think he would have to hand her to another man so soon...

A sigh escaped his lips as he shook his head.

"Take care of her. Even if you are the son of the Goddess, I swear upon my name, Izanagi no Mikoto, that I will never forgive you if you ever hurt my daughter."

His glare intensified and his aura expanded, encompassing the entire throne room. The air grew heavy as his deep, baritone voice resounded.

"Yes. I swear upon my life to give her all the happiness in the world."

"Leon..."

Leon answered in a calm and composed manner. His eyes and voice, unwavering as he spoke.

And Amaterasu couldn't help but look at him with eyes full of affection and tears threatening to flow down her white cheeks.

"Good."

Izanagi nodded solemnly, satisfied by his answer.

And before he could say another word, Izanami no Mikoto, mother of Amaterasu, made her way towards him and pulled him into her warm embrace.

"Please take care of my daughter, okay~? And call me mother from now on as"

"I-I will... Mother."

"Ufufufu~"