Chapter 241 ~ Fox Princess's Worry

With the sky being bright and clear, and the weather warm with the occasional soft, gentle breezes blowing across the royal capital, Freya, Vyra, Lily, Irene, Charlotte, Jeanne, and the demon lords all decided to have a nice afternoon tea in the garden of the Misteltein mansion.

A large circular table, covered with a pure white table cloth, was prepared by Lisa and the maids, along with steaming pots of tea and various kinds of snacks and desserts.

Meanwhile, relaxing under the large tree a few distance away from them, Amaterasu laid her head on Leon's lap as he stroked her head with one hand and held up his notes regarding the divine seal with the other.

Seeing how blissful she looked, the girls couldn't help but giggle.

"Fufufu~ She looks so relaxed on darling's lap~"

"Of course. Especially since he is stroking her head like that."

Lily said, her gaze softening as she stared at them.

"She must've missed him very much~ She immediately clang onto darling when they met, after all~"

"Mm, she does. But that's not all..."

"Hm? What do you mean, Irene?"

Freya, Lily, Vyra, Jeanne, Lilith, and Sonia all turned towards their crimson-haired sister in wonder as she let out a soft sigh.

"She's... She has been very worried and uneasy about our expedition. She also felt like she couldn't help in any way, and felt extremely guilty for it."

"Eh? How can that be? Hasn't she been helping us with procuring the enchantment materials from Bestia? Right, Freya?"

"Yes. Amaterasu has been the one relaying information from her family and helping us develop a trade network for enchantment stones from Bestia. She has been extremely helpful."

"Uhn! And she has also been cheering everyone up and supporting everyone too during training sessions!"

Jeanne added. She had been cheering and supporting everyone from the sidelines along with Amaterasu whenever she came over, and she knew how hard she's trying to help everyone out to the best of her abilities.

"Umu. She cheered me up when I was frustrated with myself for failing to link up my skill with Vincent's spells that one time... And because of her encouragement, I could cleanse the frustrations in my mind and finally succeed."

Vyra reminisced as she turned and looked at Amaterasu.

"Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. And her strength lies in becoming a shining beacon that cheers everyone up."

"Yes. I've also told her that, but it seems like my words alone couldn't erase that guilt from her..."

Amaterasu must've understood what she was trying to say in the carriage, and as the bright and smart girl that she is, she must've known that her role in this was to support them and wait for their return. However, like many sources of anxiety and worry, they are not logical, and only time and the right person with the right words could help them get through it.

Freya looked at Amaterasu and her darling and smiled softly.

"Well, let's just leave this to darling~ Darling is the best when it comes to comforting our troubled hearts~"

"I agree... Just by being with him... can make you feel comfortable... I'm sure... she'll be fine..."

"U-Uhn! I-I understand how it feels wanting to help my sisters and friends more, but I'm sure she'll be okay if she's with Leon! Being with him is very uhm... comforting..."