Chapter 156 ~ Return to Arcland

AN: So close to Christmas!!! Time for the last spurt!!! Seriously though, got a presentation tomorrow and quiz the next day lmao. 

Hope you guys are having a great day and week ahead of you!!! 

The royal family's private cherry blossoms viewing event along with their guests went on very peacefully. They all ate, drank, and talked together in a very fun and friendly atmosphere to Mia and Rafael's great relief. After all, their master, the woman known as "Hell's Rose" and "Crimson Storm", was here, and to make things worse, there are alcoholic beverages served.

For both of them to be at one place at the same time would usually be... disastrous to say the least. After all, they've seen Laura incapacitate all the adventurers in the guildhall one night because she wanted to sleep and they were too noisy.

They were extremely worried, to say the least. But, turns out, she was normally having fun and chatting with Leon and the others, even with the royal family members as well as Amenominakanushi and Celestine. They couldn't help but sigh deeply in relief, thanking the Goddess Celestine for her miracles.

But of course, since it was their master, there isn't a moment in which she wouldn't say anything shocking as the two had expected.

"Y-You did what?!"

Mia froze as she was about to bite into a soft and sticky Bestia traditional confectionery made out of glutinous rice called "mochi".

"I beat that crazy purple monster. It's on my way when I'm trying to go to Takamagahara you see, and it's near a small city so I might as well kill it before it goes on a rampage. Ahahahaha! That was a really fun fight!"

Laura downed a cup of sake with a wide grin on her face, ignoring the fact that Mia, Rafael, Leon, and everyone, even Izanagi, his family and Amenominakanushi, were looking at her in pure shock.

For something like a dark monster to appear near a city... If it wasn't for Laura, they would've most likely received a report of an "evil beast" ravaging a city. Though Leon and the others would've been able to arrive very quickly, a few lives would have still been lost.

"H-How can you be that reckless?! It's a dark monster, you know?! It's stronger than a regular monster!"

"It looked and fought like a Zinngreus so it wasn't that difficult. Don't worry!"

"A-A Zinngreus dark monster...?"

Zinngreus, a large disaster ranked monster that resembled lions with three eyes and a long, serpent-like tail with a bladed tip. It was one of the most dangerous monsters, even amongst other disaster ranked monsters, due to its overwhelming strength, the immense speed of its tail whip, and the paralyzing poison that coated the bladed tip of its tail. Only a subjugation party of at least five strong B ranked parties with strong tanks and powerful mages, all having antidotes to deal against its poison at the ready could defeat it.

As they are now, Mia and Rafael could defeat it, especially if they had Charlotte's buffing and cleansing spells. But the one Laura fought was a Zinngreus strengthened by the curse and turned into a dark monster. Its strength, speed, and the toxicity of its paralyzing poison must've been much stronger than normal.

"Y-You dealt with something like that yourself?"

Mia and Rafael knew how reckless she was, but even they couldn't believe just how much they're underestimating her recklessness. Even if she was very strong and had defeated disaster class monsters several times before, this was a disaster class monster that had become a dark monster. It was infinitely close to being a catastrophe class monster. How could she be so reckless and challenge such a thing alone?!