Chapter 196 ~ Night Raid (2)

AN: Disclaimer. A bit of a warning. This chapter might be... unpleasant to some as it would include some depictions of violence and sexual subjects. Don't worry, it won't always be like this moving forward. I just had to write this way to properly depict Leon's disgust with this organization as well as show the vulgarity and unpleasantness they have. I hope you understand.

Nightfall.

The hustling and bustling in the royal capital of Bestia, Takamagahara, slowly calmed down as the day came to an end.

While food stalls, shops, restaurants, and companies were still open, most had decided to return to their abode or spend time in a tea shop or an Izakaya, a place where they could unwind and relax while enjoying a drink, alcoholic or not, after work.

It was a twilight zone of the day when everyone transitioned from working to relaxing as the day came to an end. A very quiet time of the day where everything seemed more tranquil and serene as everyone unwind their minds and body, calming down, and resting.

However, tonight, in particular, has been rather quiet.

All regular citizens living and working in the areas around the five bases have been evacuated and replaced by the agents Prince Tsukuyomi had prepared. It had been done in a very seamless manner without any of the members of these underground organizations realizing it happening under their noses. Though, with their full attention being focused on Misteltein and resources poured into trying to infiltrate and sabotage it, they won't realize anything amiss as even the guards placed as security were basically thugs dressed in low-quality uniform.

Even though Leon, Vincent, Victoria, and the major of the fighting forces of Misteltein had gathered to strike the five locations of these underground organizations, Prince Tsukuyomi had in turn placed quite a number of the palace's royal guards and agents disguised as Misteltein's guards to protect it. Leon had even activated powerful barriers, traps, and magical countermeasures to infiltrations, raids, and attacks from the outside in Misteltein.

His company had been turned into a fortress for the purpose of tonight's raid. Thus, even if they tried to attack, all they would achieve was abandoning the defense of their own headquarters for nothing.

With all his worries removed beforehand and his preparations complete, Leon cast a small light elemental spell to his crystal bracelets and began walking towards the front entrance of "Hydra's Fang", his target location. The sound of his footsteps tapping against the ground resounded as he walked slowly.

Clad in a jet-black overcoat and a crimson sword in his hand, his figure caught the attention of the three burly men standing in guard in front of the main door of the two-story building of Bestia architecture.

Seeing the crimson sword, two snickered and grinned mockingly, looking at the man approaching them with ridiculing looks. Meanwhile, the last one who thought of him simply as another idiot who tried to get revenge, frowned and glared.

"Hey hey! What are you doing holding such a dangerous weapon in front of us, pretty brat?"

"Oh, that's a dude? Heh, I would've thought she's a b*tch with that pretty face. Too bad. Guess I'll go call Tanaka. He'll be happy with a pretty dude."

"Just hurry up... I'm not paid enough for this..."

All three laughed boisterously as one turned his back and waved his hands at his two friends, about to enter the building.

"Sure, don't take too long. Else his pretty face would be clobbered by the time he arri- Wha-!"

"What the he-!"