Chapter 168 ~ Demon Lord's Appearance

AN: Hey~!!! I hope you guys all enjoy this update~!!!!!

The deafening silence that enveloped the room after Celestine revealed her identity to Jeanne persisted for quite a while.

Leon smiled helplessly in his mind. His mother had truly dropped such a massive bomb so casually to Jeanne, without any warning nonetheless. As a result of her little prank, Jeanne was still frozen in her seat with her mouth opened wide into a big "O".

"Eh... W-W-W-Wha..."

"Hah... Mother, I think it would've been better if you started with an explanation before revealing your identity so straightforwardly."

"Ufufufu~ I'm sorry~ I just wanted to see how she would react~"

As he had expected, his mother was teasing the poor little girl. He should've seen this happen. His mother loves teasing cute girls, especially if they have a shy personality like Vyra and Iris, so it was no wonder she would also tease Jeanne.

"Hah..."

"Oh, Leon~"

"Yes?"

Leon turned to his brightly smiling mother.

"Will you please create a barrier for me? And please use your divinity to create it, just like we practiced."

"I understand."

Leon closed his eyes, falling deep into his consciousness and concentrated. Then, a golden white light appeared from within him which expanded out instantly and covered the entire room with glimmers of golden light.

Even without having to be told the reason, Leon could more or less guess why his mother requested such a thing.

It wasn't necessary for his mother to go out of her way to prove her own identity to Jeanne. She was free to believe if Celestine was truly the Goddess Celestine or not. In fact, the divine aura she has been radiating now should've been enough proof that she was indeed the Goddess herself. But it seems, his mother still wanted to show it to Jeanne herself.

Celestine looked around the room and smiled even brighter.

"Excellent~ Ufufufu~ You've improved so much, baby~"

"It is all thanks to your guidance, mother."

She smiled and waved her lithe hand across the air, exuding a little of her divinity. A track of golden light, much more radiant and dazzling than Leon's, appeared and traced the path her hand traveled in.

A warm and gentle breeze manifested from around Celestine and blew towards Jeanne, snapping her out of her daze. It was... a wondrous feeling. It was as if she was suddenly transported into an enormous grassy field in the midst of spring.

Then before she could even regain herself, several floating projections lined with golden frames appeared out of thin air. In it, she could see her grandfather doing his paperworks in his study, Evelyn teaching her junior priestesses about their duties, her fellow priestess and priest friends, the bustling city of the capital of the Holy Country of Celestine, the Grand Church, and the vast, beautiful grassland in the outskirts of the capital. It was the scenery of her homeland!

"T-T-This is..."

As she stared at these projections in shock and awe, Leon also looked at these projections in wonder. Though he had collected information on the Holy Country, this was the first time he had ever seen its landscape. It was a very beautiful city, resembling a classic victorian era architecture from his previous world, bustling with life. He could see many beautiful and grand cathedrals, all with a symbol of the Sun, his mother, in its highest point and statues of the Goddess.