Chapter 199 ~ Message

Two luxurious carriages trotted through the streets of the royal capital.

The appearance of these carriages was exceptional. From the outside, it seemed to belong to a noble. However, the interior would show that these carriages were far out of the reach of the mere wealthy.

The interior of the carriages have been greatly modified and enchanted by Leon to be as comfortable as it could be.

The entire Crimson Lightning was heading to the palace in response to the princess's invitation they received yesterday.

After Vyra went to the palace and told Aria, Iris, and the King of their return, Aria immediately invited them, with the pretense of summoning the heroic adventurer group.

Jeanne and Euphemia also went along with the Crimson Lightning to the palace to greet the ruler of the nation and announce their temporary stay in the royal capital to learn more about the society and culture of the nation allied to the Holy Country. At least, that was the official reason. Aria and Iris already knew of the true reason behind Jeanne's temporary stay with Crimson Lightning through the Long Distance Leon's Brides conference meeting session they held the night before their journey back to Arcland.

They arrived at the royal castle just before midday. The procedure of entering the royal castle also didn't take long since the gate guards have already been told of Misteltein's visits.

Once inside, they were immediately led towards the throne room where the king would receive their audience.

Soon, they stopped before an enormous and ornate double door of white marble and golden engravings. At the center, the symbol of Arcland, a "Fleur de Lis" was engraved in shining gold. An air of majesty emanating from and behind the doors.

"Even after all this time, I still can't get used to this kind of thing..."

"Me too... It's still as nerve wracking as ever..."

Mia and Rafael muttered, letting out a heavy sigh.

Soon, the guards announced their arrival and the door opened, revealing the majestic and beautiful sight of the throne room.

The ceiling was very high and broad with multi-colored chandeliers made of glass and precious stones hanging down from it, shining and glittering beautifully. The walls were predominantly white with gold decorations and highlights.

A crimson carpet ran down the center of the enormous room, and flanking it were a number of Royal Guards protecting the crown.

At the end of the carpet, elevated atop the set of stairs, a familiar figure sat upon the throne along with the prime minister standing by his side.

Crimson Lightning approached the throne and kneeled down once they were a respectable distance away.

A warm smile appeared on Arthur's face for a moment before his expression turned into that of a dignified monarch once more when he turned towards Jeanne and Euphemia.

"Welcome to Arcland, esteemed Holy Saintess of the Holy Country and Knight Euphemia."

"Greetings your majesty, King Arthur von Arcadia. My name is Jeanne Vi Cleristine, granddaughter of Pope Benedict and a priestess of Goddess Celestine. Beside me is Euphemia vi Hildegard, my aide, a holy knight of the Holy Country. Thank you very much for the warm welcome, your majesty."

"Umu. I hope that your stay here is a pleasant one. If you need anything, please do not hesitate to say it. We shall assist you to the best of our abilities as a friend and as allies."