Chapter 179 ~ The Heart's Voice

AN: Been trying to draw something. Well, I've been trying for a few months now. I can draw something okay-ish, I guess, but coloring is... it's my bane. Here's a small part of the picture I've been working on for a few days.

 Here's a small part of the picture I've been working on for a few days

Will continue to work on it. As you can see, it's not complete, but I've been struggling with the shading, especially for the hair, for a while now...

Well, without further ado, hope you enjoy this update~!!!!

Aside from being made out of rare, beautiful, and expensive materials and the crimson high-quality magic core at its center, the holy scepter, Celestial Sky, held no special magical properties. However, the significance of what this white-gold scepter represented eclipsed all its monetary and magical value.

Along with the title, the "Goddess's Holy Knight", the person with this scepter would have immense authority in the Holy Country, second only to the Pope. Meaning they would be able to influence the country immensely. They would be able to set the course and drive the country to the future they see fit. While some restrictions might still be applied by the Pope, it was not something that should've been given as a reward to anyone. Especially not to someone who had just become somewhat associated with the Holy Country, even if they had saved it from its imminent demise.

At most, Leon expected the Pope to reward him with a medal, just like his friends, and a title in order to create a string between the Goddess's Apostle with the Holy Country. He understood that the Pope wanted him, who he assumed to be the Goddess's Apostle, to become a significant figure in the Holy country.

However, while he didn't know such a scepter existed, he did not expect the pope to be willing to give him such a thing out of simple speculation, albeit a strong one, of him being the Goddess's Apostle. It was an immense gamble on the Pope's part, and it was reflected from his, Ariel's, and Gilbert's nervous and anxious expressions.

Jeanne, knowing the truth, didn't seem quite nervous or anxious. However, she was still a bit shocked at her grandfather's decision. After all, this would be the first time in the history of the Holy Country that the "Celestial Sky" would have an owner.

Leon looked at the scepter for a moment and back to the Pope. He could feel the gazes from his friends and lovers on his back, awaiting his decision.

Should he accept it, then he would instantly become a significant figure in the Holy Country, more so than he anticipated. While he wouldn't mind receiving the medal of honor and become a known figure in the Holy Country as he first expected when he decided to teleport to the Holy Country and repel the High-Orc tribe's invasion, the significance of receiving this scepter had eclipsed all his expectations and made him hesitate.