Chapter 217 ~ Harbinger (1)

Midday after lunch.

Leon, Freya, Irene, Laura, and the rest of Crimson Lightning aside from Vincent and Victoria who were managing Bestia's Misteltein gathered in the training grounds of the Misteltein mansion for yet another training session with the four demon lords and the Goddess herself watching over them.

Various powerful protective enchantments and divine barriers had been erected by the demon lords and the Goddess to protect the training grounds as well as conceal any magical presence within for safety and secrecy reasons. It was a must to prevent any panic within the royal capital caused by the enormous surge of magic and hefty damages to the mansion and the entire area around their home that would be caused by their training, especially during their battle against a floor boss of wrath.

Today, however, Celestine and the other four demon lords created more powerful enchantments and barriers.

The objective of today's training was to get used to the new equipment that Leon had enchanted the day before. While their roles in battle didn't change and no enchantments to their equipment would cause too drastic of a change in their fighting style, the drastic improvement in their equipment's firepower, effectiveness, and features would require some fine-tuning that could only be done through a real battle.

In order to let them test it to their heart's content, it is decided that they will be facing the guardian of the fifth level of the Dungeon of Wrath, the level 90 Ancient Harbinger of War, Strom. It was the most powerful floor boss they've encountered to this day, and thus was the reason why Celestine, Lilith, Vivian, Aura, and Sonya made an extra effort in their enchantments and barriers.

Vivian stood in the middle of the training grounds as Leon and the others stood before her, spaced out in their formation and ready for battle. Leon, Alex, and Rafael were out front, leading the party as the vanguard. Laura, Charlotte, and Vyra were in the middle with Laura and Vyra in flanking position and Charlotte protecting the back. Then lastly, in the back were Freya, Mia, Lily, and Irene, ready to cast their spells.

Leon nodded to Vivian, and she nodded back before raising her hands out in front of her.

An enormous light green magic circle appeared on the ground, shining brighter and brighter with a brilliant light. Then, a faceless, humanoid, white doll made seemingly of smooth material with a shiny, immaculate surface, rose from the center of it.

Just like the previous Marionette Doll she summoned, it stood still at around 2 meters tall with a body structure resembling that of a human doll with rounded joints and a marbled surface.

Then suddenly, with a thunderous roar, the white humanoid doll shattered with a thunderous blair and shined with a blinding light. Its form enlarged from within the light as its magic power rose dramatically and rapidly.

Leon and the others all ready themselves as the light slowly dimmed, revealing a massive, giant figure on amount in full black and scorching hefty heavy armor. Jet-black spikes protruded from all over its surface along with crackling veins of magma that coursed through its entirety.

Instead of a physical body, donning it was a scorching raging spirit of a burning flame with two blazing red eyes peeking out of its closed visor and tongues of flames flickering from the seams of its helm.

On one hand, it wielded a tremendous greatsword, and on the other, an enormous shield, both made of crystalized magma that shined bright orange with flaring flames.

The enormous jet-black warhorse with crackling veins of magma coursing through its entire surface and two blazing orbs of burning flames for eyes neighed with a thunderous roar that shook the air and ground beneath it as it raised its two forelimbs high into the air before slamming down, cracking the ground.