Chapter 136.2 ~ Demon Lords of the 7 Deadly Sins

AN: Hey guys~ Hope you guys enjoy this chapter~!!! Stay safe and stay well~!

"I suddenly got a feeling Alex is up to something again..."

"Eh? What do you mean?"

Freya looked around as Lily, Amaterasu, and the others looked at her confusedly. Then she saw a pure, innocent young maiden, the close friend of her new sister, staring dazedly at Alex.

"T-That... What did that guy do to Altria..."

Freya's eyes twitched in annoyance. She knew that Alex's flirtiness with women was one of his ways to gain information. So even if she disliked it, she never truly admonished him outside of calling him names and showing her distaste for it because she knew he did it to help her darling. But if he targeted her close friend, then she wouldn't hesitate to turn her staff into the staff of destruction instead of healing.

"Ahh... A-Ahahaha, calm down, Freya. He might not be doing anything you're thinking..."

"How could you think that, Lily?! That womanizer must've said something to Altria for her to react like that!"

"I-It is certainly the first time I've seen Altria gaze at a man like that."

"See!?"

"...Whatever he did, I'm sure he did it for my liege. If he didn't... Then I will be the one to end him myself."

"Me too..."

Alex suddenly felt incredible chills down his spine as he talked to Leon. He felt a primal and instinctive fear for his life. It was as if a group of predators were gazing at him with deathly glares...

"What's wrong, Alex?"

"I-It's nothing... I just felt chills. Anyway, will Bestia really send a formal invitation to us...?"

"I'm fairly sure. They will either send it directly to us or through Amaterasu. Either way, we must prepare for a meeting with them. They're likely going to talk about the prophecy and ask me to marry her."

Alex froze for a moment at his master's last few words.

"...Will you?"

"...I will, but now isn't the time. Moreover, I'd still need to propose to all of them."

"I see... I understand. I shall prepare for it."

"Thank you. Then I'll leave it to you."

Before long, the sunset into the horizon. The meeting took the entire morning up until late afternoon as they've all expected. After all, they had plenty of agendas that needed to be discussed. Everyone was tired, both physically and mentally, and if it wasn't for the delicious desserts and drinks that Leon and the others served, they might've already starved.

Fortunately, while Leon was talking with Alex, the girls had already mentioned that there will be a feast for dinner. The king, prime minister, and everyone who had tasted the food in this mansion became very excited and immediately agreed to stay. Irene, Amaterasu, and Altria, who never had a meal in Leon's mansion, became very curious. After all, even the king and prime minister were looking forward to the dinner.

"Uhm, is Crimson lightning hiring a very talented chef for the mansion?"

"Hm? No, we don't."

"Eh? Then..."