Chapter 275 ~ Spartan Training

With a bright, excited smile on her face, Amaterasu headed towards the training grounds for today's combat training class to help students with their preparations for the annual royal academy tournament.

It was the morning after they had their first training under Mia Verand, which was so much fun! Amaterasu had a great time playing and running around the field with her friends while also training herself.

It was a bit tiring since she had to run around constantly for an hour, but it was still fun!

A lot of her friends, however, dropped to the ground the moment Mia gave them a break... Aside from Cecily, Kierk, Julius, and Altria, everyone immediately plopped down to the ground in exhaustion, drenched in their own sweat.

And today, she noticed many of them were walking funny and groaning every time they moved.

Even Cecily, Amaterasu noticed, groaned a bit when she stood up from her seat just now.

She wondered what happened to them...

"Hey, Cecily. Why is everyone walking funny...? Are they sick?"

Amaterasu whispered, leaning towards Cecily, who was walking by her side silently. Aside from Altria, everyone around her, including Silverius, Kierk, and Julius had been pretty quiet since the start of the day.

Turning towards the pink-haired divine fox princess, Cecily looked at her with an incredulous gaze.

"You... Are you really asking that?"

"Hm? What do you mean...?"

Cecily face-palmed and let out a deep sigh, shaking her head at her air-headed best friend.

"They're... We're all exhausted after yesterday's training with Instructor Mia. She had us run around the field while dodging spells that never seemed to end for more than an hour. And today, we have to go through a physical combat class by Instructor Rafael... It's easy to see why everyone is dreading it."

"Eh? Really? But it was so much fun~! We got to run around the field and play~!"

"Maybe for you... But everyone here hasn't been training their physique much, so we got tired quickly."

"Geez, this is why you should never neglect physical training! Leon told us that we should keep a minimum amount of athleticism even if we wanted to focus on magic, right?"

"I remember, and I do train my body as he had advised. It's just that... yesterday was brutal..."

"I agree... It was exhausting to keep on running while keeping alert towards incoming spells for an hour."

"Yeah... I got hit a few times, but thankfully I was able to create a barrier to defend myself."

Julius and Kierk let out a sigh while Silverius nodded to them, agreeing with their words. Out of everyone, Silverius might be the one who got exhausted the most. His physical strength wasn't great to begin with before Leon's training, and after, he only improved slightly. So during yesterday's training, he could only run and dodge for around fifteen minutes before he decided to just defend against incoming spells using magic barriers.

Thanks to his amazing control over his mana, he managed to hold out until the end, but it was still an extremely exhausting experience for him.

"Let's hope today's lesson will not be as brutal as yesterday..."

Silverius muttered under his breath, but his words were heard by everyone, who nodded in agreement.

"Hm~ I think it'll be at the same level... After all, Mia and Rafael's are quite similar to each other..."