Chapter 252 ~ Ancient Golem of Fire

Upon reaching the deepest area of the sixth floor, they were immediately welcomed by a gigantic door, even more than any other doors to the boss room before.

Its height was twice as tall as the golems they've encountered thus far, and engraved on its rocky surface was a depiction of a giant golem clad in flames behind a mountain range that barely covered half of its torso as the rest of it pierced through even the clouds in the sky.

They wouldn't know if it was an exaggeration or not until they enter and see for themselves, but Leon does remember this boss to be the largest monster in all of Grandeur Fantasia.

He placed his hand on the massive stone door, and just like the previous doors, it opened with a massive sound of rocks scraping against rocks. It sheer movement shook the grounds and walls around them, even causing some rocks to fall from the high ceiling into the massive magma lakes around them with a massive splash.

The door opened very slightly, but the seams in between each half was already more than enough for Leon and the others to enter all at once.

Upon entering, they saw a massive expanse before them. Its appearance resembled the boss room where Rathalos was in, but just like everything in this floor, its scale was far beyond any other boss room they've seen.

And standing at its center, a colossus-sized golem clad in burning flames, so large that not even the word "giant" could encompass the sheer size of its figure, stood.

The depiction of the Ancient Golem of Fire they saw on the massive stone door behind them was not an exaggeration after all.

It stood at a height much taller than the other golems, forcing Leon and the others to raise their heads to even see its head despite having barely entered the boss room. And to see the peak of its hunched back, which was as tall as a large hill or a small mountain, they had to raise their heads even further.

The size of each of its short, stocky legs was comparable to the mansion they lived in. Its arms were massive enough to bury the entire marketplace main street of Arcland's royal capital. Each of its fists was the size of the plaza.

Its eyes glowed brightly with furious orange-red flames as veins of glowing magma coursed throughout its ashen, rocky exterior, similar to the other giants they've seen in this floor.

However, separating it from the other giant aside from its size was the brightly glowing orange red core at the center of its massive chest.

All the veins that coursed throughout its figure seemed to converge at that point, and as one might expect, it was indeed its weak point.

That said, attacking such an obvious weak point was a case of being easier said than done.

The light its core emitted wasn't simply aesthetics, but rather, a testament to the intense heat it's emitting.

Simply being nearby could melt magic steel and even adamantite magic steel known for its toughness and magical properties if it came near enough. Any weapon below S rank would be turned into liquid metal.

But that was only the start.

The heat it was emitting and its bright red glow weren't caused by regular fire, but the fire originating from the Demon Lord of Wrath's magic. Thus, spells and skills below level 80 would burn and dissipate before it could even come near it.

"...This is insane. I-I can't believe we're about to fight this..."

"Heh, what's this? Are you afraid? Just don't get stomped by those massive legs or get flattened by those arms and you're fine!"