Chapter 183 ~ After Talk

With Arcland in the east, Bestia in the north, and the Holy Kingdom in the west, the three kingdoms have shared borders ever since its founding.

Trade routes between Arcland and Bestia have opened since their non-aggression pact and trade agreement decades ago. While their ties were not as close as they were currently, both kingdoms still enjoyed the peace and relationship they had at the time.

However, the same couldn't be said with the Holy Country. Though a small nation, the Holy Country is highly self-sufficient and is geographically located ideally on a place where there are few habitats suitable for monsters. With vast plains and decently sized forests full of wildlife, it is a country blessed with nature and tranquility.

While they do suffer from the occasional monster attacks, the paladins and Holy Knights were sufficient to defend the cities and villages of the Holy Country, as well as acting as the keeper of law and order, handling any internal affairs or disputes in the country.

In addition to its teaching of never pushing their religious beliefs onto others, the Holy Country rarely involved themselves with other kingdoms in fear of being dragged into their affairs.

That is, until today.

With the invasion of the high orcs that devastated several cities and villages, the Holy Country is forced to receive help from its two enormous and powerful neighbors, Arcland and Bestia.

Monetary, provisions, and disaster relief aid were necessary for the Church and the Holy Kingdom to provide for the victims of this tragedy. With fields and facilities destroyed, it would take far too long for them to re-cultivate the land and rebuild the facilities without attending to the victims first.

Normally, this would simply be the end of it and they will simply return the favor in the future without getting further involved in their politics.

However, this would not be the case this time. The first reason being the threat of the "evil" or dark monsters. After seeing the devastation the dark high-orc king could bring and suffering from a few evil monsters attacks, the Holy Country realizes that they lack the necessary information and technology to deal with the threats properly. This problem would be resolved by cooperating with Arcland and Bestia, who seemed to have been working together in regards to this matter and have developed various magic items that could be used to communicate between cities and strengthen their military.

The possibility of the Holy Country becoming involved in their politics does exist if they decided to cooperate with Arcland and Bestia, however, they didn't fear it as much due to the second reason, the involvement of the Goddess's apostle, Leon Misteltein.

The relationship of Leon Misteltein and Crimson Lightning with royal families and the upper-echelons of Arcland and Bestia was not a secret anymore at this point. It is well known that they've been working together closely in a joint effort to better the citizen's livelihood of both kingdoms and defense against the threat of the dark monsters, and the results were clear for the eyes to see. The citizens of Arcland have enjoyed new convenient magic items that have made their lives much better at a reasonable price, and both countries have successfully repelled dark monster attacks on their cities and villages with significantly fewer casualties than before.

Not to mention the fact that Crimson Lightning had repelled devastating tragedies that could've fallen upon the two countries in the past and regarded as heroes by its citizens.

It was easy to see how they became so highly regarded in the two countries.

In addition, Leon Misteltein's personality, character, and power were also deserving of being the Goddess's Apostle. That is why the Pope granted him the legendary title "Goddess's Holy Knight".