Chapter 203 ~ Sweet

The night for Crimson Lightning finally came to an end. They excused themselves from the demon lords and left to their respective guest chambers and rested.

The rest of the demon lords, who stayed in the parlor, remained for a little longer.

Full and satisfied from the assortment of desserts and sweets Leon gifted her, Vivian fell asleep and rested her head on Bellona's lap. The few strands of her pitch-black hair that fell down to her face were picked up ever so gently by Bellona before she began stroking her softly as she slept.

The room was silent and peaceful.

Sonya stared silently at Lilith, who was sipping her tea in silence with a calm smile adorned her face. Her eyes locked onto her countenance. Her gaze, unusually serious compared to her usual unfocused and lazy eyes.

"What is wrong, Sonya~? I believe you are not staring at me because you have fallen for my charms, are you~?"

Her beautiful voice followed by a bell-like giggle pierced through the silence in the massive and grand parlor of the Castle of Eternal Ice, Arcecia.

The silence returned for a moment. The gaze of the Demon Lord of Sloth still locked onto her sister through the seams of her jet-black long bangs. An indiscernible expression on her face.

"... Are you planning on having him become your husband?"

The hand that was petting Vivian stopped as Bellona turned to her sister. A look of surprise painted subtly on her countenance.

Lilith placed down her cup of tea on to the saucer that rested atop the coffee table and returned Sonya's gaze with a soft smile.

"Yes I do. I plan to gain his affection and love, and be bonded to him in marriage along with the rest of his women. Though I would still need to gain Goddess Celestine's approval."

Sonya stared at her for a moment. Bellona, who turned to Lilith when she spoke, turned back to Sonya, waiting in bated anticipation for her reply. A look of surprise still adorning her usual ever-smiling face.

"... I propose an alliance between us. From what I have seen, and judging by how you hadn't gained his affection after so long, it must be difficult to gain his affection. Would you like for the two of us to work together and gain his affection?"

"Hm? Did you fall for him as well?"

Lilith asked with a calm voice, unsurprised.

"... I do not understand the concept and the feeling you call "love".

Sonya lifted up her cup of tea and brought it near her mouth.

"However, I do know that he is special in my eyes. He is someone who could make my wish a reality, and I am willing to walk whatever path necessary for it."

Bellona's eyes widened as well as Lilith's, who didn't expect Sonya to go this far.

She stared at her jet-black eyes for a moment, trying to discern the true intention of the Demon Lord of Sloth.

Her lips curled into a wider smile and she began giggling.

"I see. Very well. Ufufufu~ Now that you have taken interest in him, I don't think you'll ever escape his clutches anymore, just like me~! I look forward to becoming sisters with you, Sonya~ This time, in a different meaning of the word."

Her lips curled into a small frown, confused. She stared at Lilith for several moments, only to see her usual ever-smiling and "excited" countenance giggling, and let out a deep sigh.