Chapter 231 ~ Divine Chains

Gathered early in the morning, Leon and the rest of Crimson Lightning, including Laura, stood in the training grounds beneath the Misteltein mansion.

Barriers had been erected by Celestine herself to protect the training grounds and mansion, as well as hide any fluctuations of magic, as usual during their training.

Lilith, Vivian, Aura, and Sonia stood on the perimeter of the training grounds, watching Leon and the others while Celestine stood before her son with a calm smile.

"Leon. Conjure your divine chains."

"Yes, mother."

He closed his eyes and several long chains of gold that glowed with brilliant light began to apparate from thin air, wrapped around his arms as its ends float around him.

The sheer magical presence of the chains were immensely powerful, dwarfing even the strongest spell Mia could muster by far. Yet, it shined so beautifully and exuded a warmth that comforts those within its proximity.

Celestine observed the golden chains for a moment before nodding with a smile.

"Mm. You've done well controlling the intensity of your divinity. Now, we will move on to more practical training with those chains."

"Practical training?"

Her lips curled into a grin as she turned towards Vivian, who stood a bit of distance away.

"Vivi, if you will?"

"Yes!"

She stepped forward and raised her hands infront of her.

An enormous light green magic circle appeared on the ground before Leon, shining brighter and brighter with a brilliant light. And from its center, a faceless, humanoid, white doll with rounded joints made seemingly of a smooth marbled, shiny, and immaculate surface, rose.

Then, with a thunderous roar, the white humanoid doll shattered with a thunderous blair and shined with a blinding light. It's form enlarged from within the light as its magic power rose dramatically and rapidly.

And as the light began to dim, the familiar, imposing figure of a fiery knight in jet-black armor, wielding a gigantic great sword and massive shield, and mounted on a fiery warhorse with crackling veins of magma and fire all through out its figure appear.

Leon and the others immediately went on a defensive stance as the two crimson orbs gazing at them from within the helm glowed brightly in aggression. But, the Ancient Harbinger of War Strom, never moved a muscle.

"Ufufufu~ Amazing work as usual, Vivi~ Thank you~"

"Y-Yes! You're welcome. Ehehehe~"

VIvian smiled shyly before returning to the rest of her fellow demon lords and getting praises from them as well.

Celestine then turned towards Leon who seemed confused.

"Try to bind it with your divine chains while it is struggling as long as you can."

Leon's eyes widened in shock at the realization of what his training would be this morning. But just as quickly, he glanced towards his lovers and friends before looking back at his mother.

"Wouldn't this be too dangerous...?"

If he failed to keep it bound with his chains, Freya and the others would be in danger the moment it escape and charge at them. Even though they've managed to defeat two floor bosses at once, they were only able to achieve it after proper planning and an extremely difficult battle.