C4

Jian Mei was watching grandpa drying herbs in the backyard.

The old man also likes to wear a white Tang suit in the summer. Although the hair corners of the temples have turned white, they are neatly combed and look very energetic. The breeze slowly blows over, and the backyard is filled with the fragrance of herbs.

Jian Mo walked over in small steps: "Grandpa."

"The ambiguity is here." The old man turned away and smiled when he saw him: "Grandpa collects this group of herbs and goes to eat."

Jian Mei walked to Grandpa's side, her voice soft: "I'll help."

undefinedIt may be that he spent a long time with herbs all year round. The old man also smelled of medicinal herbs. He always has his own persistence. No matter how many temptations from the outside world, he has not wavered, and he still guards this mountain and these herbs for a lifetime.

"Then grandpa is here to take a test of ambiguity." The old man picked up a leaf that was dry and turquoise: "What is this?"

"Mulberry leaves."

"What is the effect of the main treatment?"

"Trachoma, eye discomfort."

The old man nodded and asked him, "What other herbs are good for the eyes?"

Jian Mei was only about the waist of the old man, standing with his hands behind his back, and his voice was crisp: "Prunella vulgaris, cassia, wolfberry, honeysuckle."

The old man laughed cheerfully and applauded: "That's right, I still have such a good memory. I guess you will be a good doctor in the future."

Jian Mei's movements paused. He was so careful and gentle when sorting the herbs, but after a short pause, he gently put it down, raised his face and whispered, "But grandpa, I don't want to be a doctor."

The old man smiled stiffly and asked him: "Why?"

Jian Mei's eyes were moisturized, and her round and soft face was dignified. She seemed to hesitate for a moment, lowered her head, and whispered, "Because I don't want to go to the hospital."

...

The air fell into silence for a moment.

The old man looked at the child who was only around his waist. If other children said that they did not want to go to the hospital, they might generally think that they hate injections and drinking water, but when Jian Mei said that, the old man's mood was very complicated.

Acute leukemia.

Such a terrible and tormenting disease fell on the child who had just turned eight years old. Dialysis, chemotherapy, bedridden all year round, suffered a lot of unimaginable pain and torture. When other children were playing naughty, Jane was ignorant. Spent in the endless potion, no one can bear the pain for him, just like no one can blame his decision.

A long while

"Okay." The old man replied, with a gentle and petting smile on his face. He raised his hand and rubbed Jane's head very lightly: "Then let's not be a doctor."

Jian Mei hesitated and asked, "Will grandpa be angry if I don't become a doctor?"

The old man replied: "Why are you angry?"

"Because..." Jian Mei said softly, "Dad and brother both studied medicine. Grandma said before that we can't throw away the things handed down from our ancestors."

The willow trees on the poolside in the back shook gently with the afternoon breeze, and the wind gently blew the corners of people's clothes. The cicadas in midsummer cried loudly, and the young and old stood in front of the medicine shelf and looked at each other quietly.