Chapter Two

The pair of master and servant walked out of the courtyard, walked across the winding corridor and the flower garden as the servants wearing crow blue clothes all saluted to Jiang Ningbao respectfully.

After Jiang Ningbao walked away, they started to discuss among themselves.

"I heard that the engagement between fourth miss and Duke Ding's heir is in danger!"

"If the second master and the second mistress were here, then the fourth miss would not fall to this state."

"Actually, fourth miss' treatment is not bad, only the meals decreased. The old madam is kind-hearted, giving second mistress' dowry to be managed by the fourth miss."

"No matter what, the fourth miss is still Duke Ding's heir's fiancee. The masters won't do it too excessive, it's just that the rumors outside are too absurd. Duke Ding's heir shouldn't cancel the engagement for Anyuan Marquis' legal daughter."

"That's hard to say. The fourth miss' status cannot compare to Anyuan Marquis Residence's legal oldest daughter. That oldest young miss won't want to be under the fourth miss."

"That is true. Now, the whole capital is fixing their gaze on our Count Residence."

"......"

Jiang Ningbao did not care about the servant girls' discussion and walked to the Golden Longevity Hall. When she arrived in front of the door of Golden Longevity Hall, she met the first branch's only legal daughter who was fifth in the line, called the fifth young miss Jiang Mingyao.

Jiang Mingyao's voice was cool and faint as she nodded her head slightly toward Jiang Ningbao.

"Fourth sister."

Fifth lady Jiang Mingyao had a pair of delicate eyebrows and her demeanor was that of a chilly beauty. She was only a month smaller than Jiang Ningbao. Although she was spoiled by glamorous underlings, but her brows did not carry smugness nor pride.

"Fifth sister." Jiang Ningbao gave her a soft smile in return, appearing fragile and cowardly, earning other's pity.

The two legal young miss met. One was crowded by her servants from back to front, while the other only had a lonesome servant.

This obvious difference in treatment made people sighed endlessly.

Jiang Ningbao did not care about this. She did not like to be served by too many people. From three years ago when her parents met with an accident, the servants in the residence mostly searched other big thighs to hug.

The servant who remained by her side was only Chun Xi.

The servants by the door raised the curtains and greeted respectfully, "The two misses, please come in."

Jiang Mingyao glanced at the cowardly and delicate fourth sister and her eyebrows knitted slightly before moving her gaze. She waited the other to enter the room first with a faint expression and followed her behind.

The Jiang old madam of the Changning Count did not like concubine born children so the ones who could pay respect to the Golden Longevity Hall were only the two legal children and the legal born grandchildren. Aside from the legitimate children who were too young, the rest of the sons were at the academy or taking care of official missions at the government state.

A year earlier, after the eldest legitimate daughter of the first branch got married, the only people going to the Golden Longevity Hall were Jiang Ningbao, Jiang Mingyao and the first branch's madam.

Old Madam Jiang sat upright in the main hall with a gratified scattering flower dress. Her hair was meticulously combed back to a certain hairstyle and her face seemed amiable. If it were not for the calculative light in her eyes, anyone would think this was a benign old madam.

Beside her stood a pretty middle aged woman with a signified air and delicate brows. She was Changning Count Residence's first madame, Jiang Mingyao's mother.

Jiang Ningbao lifted her skirt, gently walked to where the old madame was sitting and bend her knees to pay respect.

"Ningbao greets grandmother, oldest aunt."