Chapter Fifty Five

"Sir Duke, actually, the rumors in the capital....." Jiang Ningbao's voice was soft and lovely. She told him the beginning of the matter to the end. Her eyes were staring at Duke Ding's expression.

"So, I'm not interested in being your daughter, I only want to be your wife." After Jiang Ningbao finished speaking, she confessed directly in front of them with a blush decorating her face.

In her previous life, she died single. This life, she decided to brave herself to chase after her husband.

Jiang Ningbao's heart was itching.

Old servant Huang's eye twitched. Jiang family's little lady seemed weak and delicate, but her actions and bearing were decisive. One truly could not judge a book by its cover.

Old Madam Xie almost choked on her own saliva. Jiang family's little lady was very fierce. She actually.....actually said that she wanted to be A'Heng's wife in front of her!

But her heart could not help but praise 'good'!

"A'Heng, Ningbao girl is a good girl. She's not afraid of your ominous energy. Why don't you consider it?" Old Madam Xie coughed lightly and helped Jiang Ningbao speak.

This little lady actually wanted to be his wife.....his mother even helped her from the side.

Duke Ding Xie Heng who was confessed to all of a sudden stood stiff. His expressionless face almost broke. His gaze could not help but find the little lady and Jiang Ningbao whose gaze was on Duke Ding subconsciously let out a brilliant smile to him.

"Sir Duke, why don't I become your wife?" her soft voice carried a trace of coquettish taste.

"....."

Duke Ding Xie Heng's cold and handsome face did not reveal any emotion, but his mind was blank. His heart was jumping fast as if it wanted to leap out of his body.

His heartstrings were stretched taut. He warned himself that this little lady was only muddled and pretended to be calm as he averted his gaze. His heart had a feeling of wanting to escape, but his feet seemed as if it was nailed on the ground and could not move.

The main hall was a piece of silence.

Old Madam Xie waited for her son's answer in interest.

Not receiving any answer for a long time, Old Madam Xie's heart was worried and anxious. She could not help but put oil to the fire, "A'Heng, can it be that you mind the fact that Ningbao girl used to be Jingyi's fiance?"

Duke Ding Xie Heng pursed his lips and shook his head subconsciously. His voice was deep and throaty as he said, "No."

"Then what misgiving do you have?"

Old Madam Xie kept on asking.

Duke Ding Xie Heng averted his gaze and spoke, "We're not suitable." Once these words were out, his heart felt loss as if there was something suffocating it.

That's right. Not suitable.

He's twelve generations older than the little lady. His age was old enough to be her father.

He.....He did not want the little lady to feel regret in the future.

Old Madam Xie's heart was half-cold. Her son was really worrisome. She, as his mother, was extremely anxious for him.

Jiang Ningbao's gaze was always on Duke Ding's handsome face and did not miss any expression he had. Her heart was secretly laughing. This fierce Duke Ding was really a noob on the matters of feelings. Old Madam Xie's rapid questions would only make this wooden block hide back to its shell.

It's her turn to enter the stage.

Jiang Ningbao continued to put out the big gun.

"Sir Duke, the rumors outside have spread that I spoke that I will get married to you. So if I can't get married to you, I can only be a nun."

Saying this, her pair of pitiful eyes glanced at Duke Ding Xie Heng, having wronged and pitiful tears.

Jiang Ningbao was a beautiful and tender person, giving others the impression of pity. Now that she acted pitiful, she seemed even more weak and easy to bully, making one's heart could not bear it and wanted to pull her into one's embrace to give consolation.

Duke Ding Xie Heng's breath hitched and his heart felt as if it was lightly bumped, rising to ripples. His pair of lips moved and his throat rolled.

"Don't be a nun, I'll marry you!"

Once he spoke these, Duke Ding Xie Heng felt as if things came to their proper settlement, as if he had released a huge burden. There was no discomfort. He ignored the strange feeling in his heart and only blamed that he did not consider enough and almost forced the little lady to be a nun.

The little lady had her reputation harmed because of his adopted son and impulsively said that she wanted to get married to him and this was spread all around wildly. Now, there was only the option of marriage.

If he did not marry her, this little lady's life would be ruined.

He had to be responsible.

Duke Ding Xie Heng found a reason for himself in his heart.

Jiang Ningbao widened her eyes. Happiness came too fast. She was almost hit silly by this happy news.

"You sure?"

Duke Ding Xie Heng was silent for a while and spoke. "I will take responsibility."

Jiang Ningbao: "....."