Chapter Twenty Eight

On the tenth day of the third month, the sky was not clear and beautiful. There were thick black clouds hovering across the sky of the capital, as of brewing a storm.

Butler Zhao had prepared to visit Changning Count Residence once more, carrying a huge carriage of compensation. He passed the market and gained the attention of a lot of passerby.

"Seeing this setup, does Heir Xie wants to propose marriage or annulling the engagement officially? I don't understand."

"It should be canceling the engagement. Did you not see that only Butler Zhao is there?"

"Before, I admire Heir Xie very much, thinking that Heir Xie is really the role-model in our generation, but now, I felt that I was blind. No matter what, a man should not harm his innocent fiancee for another woman."

"I thought that with the rumors going wild, Heir Xie would find his conscience and not annul the engagement. It seems that I think too much. Jiang fourth miss is so pitiful."

"Between a fiancee who is not famous and the Oldest Miss Yang who is known for her beauty and talent, both about responsibility, Heir Xie choose Oldest Miss Yang. As a man, I can understand Heir Xie's choice."

It was not known whether it was Xie Jingyi and Yang Shuqing doing something to prove their 'innocence' silently or may be it was because of Yang Shuqing's female lead halo, there was no rumor about Heir Xie and Oldest Miss Yang trapped schemed Jiang fourth miss.

"Actually, Heir Xie can take them both in, no need to harm Jiang fourth miss' reputation. She is innocent."

"You're kidding, right? Is there no one who thinks that Jiang fourth miss is ugly while Oldest Miss Yang is attractive, so Heir Xie cast Jiang fourth miss aside and choose Oldest Miss Yang?"

"Heir Xie is not someone like that."

"Say, if Jiang fourth miss is really as ugly as the rumor says, then she cannot become the Duke Ding Residence's heiress. It was better to become Duke Ding Residence's oldest miss. When she marry later, no one would dare to offend her."

"That's right, that's right. I also think this way."

The conversation was led on purpose and started to talk about how Jiang fourth miss was very ugly. Jiang Ningbao was too secretive. Aside from people in Changning Count Residence, no one really saw her real face.

The discussion outside was wild, the people in Changning Count Residence were prepared for battle.