Chapter Ninety Two

The little lady's smug look entered his eyes with her brilliant smile and bright eyes that captivated people. Faint scent entered his nose and Duke Ding's breath turned short, his heart hammering like thunder. Unconsciously, the bottom of his eyes had a dark layer.

"Yes, you win."

Duke Ding's voice was cold and deep as always but there was an addition of hoarseness to his voice.

The black clothed personal guards were all shocked by the sudden turn of events. They never thought that the fierce beyond compare Duke Ding would be pushed down by Jiang fourth miss.

Based on their eyesight, they had seen the duke going easy on Jiang fourth miss and they also saw clearly Jiang fourth miss's tricks, but the duke's reaction made them speechless.

Chun Xi and Chun Le: "....."

Especially Chun Xi, she felt that this was expected.

Although there were only the black clothed personal guards, Chun Xi, and Chun Le in the courtyard, Jiang Ningbao was embarrassed to keep on pushing down the duke. She rose with a red face and took a handkerchief from her sleeve to wipe her sweat. She smiled at Duke Ding, "Sir duke, please take care of me from now on."

After saying this, she elegantly tidied her crumpled dress and thinking of her bold action, Jiang Ningbao's heart thundered and her face was burning.

Chun Le wanted to come over but she was held by Chun Xi. Chun Le was stunned and looked at Chun Xi in confusion.

"Chun Le, when the lady is together with the duke, we should not go and obstruct them. Just act as if you don't see anything." Chun Xi looked at Chun Le helplessly. Without even mentioning Duke Ding who emitted ominous energy, the lady would also not want to be disturbed at this moment.

Chun Le: "....."

Not far, Duke Ding expressionlessly stood up from the ground and lightly patted the dust on his black brocade gown. He looked calm but if one looked closely, the stiff movements of Duke Ding would be noticeable. His gaze fell on the little lady's white and beautiful side face, his eyes seemed to have a trace of something.

"Okay."

Jiang Ningbao was stunned, then she understood that the duke was replying her earlier words. Her lips lifted upward and she breathed in deeply. The heat on her face receded a little.

At this time, Butler Zhao came to the courtyard with two delicate invitations. He greeted them from afar.

"Greeting the duke and Jiang fourth miss."

"You have something?" Duke Ding Xie Heng spoke coldly.

Butler Zhao answered respectfully, "Replying to the duke. In two more days, Queen Rui will hold an admiring flowers banquet. She sent the invitation just now and knowing Jiang fourth miss is in the residence, the messenger gave Jiang fourth miss' invitation for this servant to send."

After saying this, he took a big step forward and resisting the ominous energy emitted by the duke, he gave two delicate invitations.

Duke Ding Xie Heng stretched his big hand and took the invitation.

"Is this my invitation?"

Because of her three years mourning period, Jiang Ningbao was not used to it. She moved close to Duke Ding and surprise flashed across her white face. Queen Rui actually sent her an invitation.

"Yes, yours." Duke Ding Xie Heng gave one invitation to her.

Jiang Ningbao opened in curiosity and her name was really written on the invitation. She could not help but reveal a smile. In the capital, who did not know that Queen Rui was very enthusiastic in holding banquets?

The invitations to Queen Rui's banquet were in great demand.

Ultimately, the heirs, official sons, and talented youths made a lot of noble ladies proud of being invited to Queen Rui's banquet.

Based on Changning Count Residence's standing, even when her parents were still there, she had not received the invitation from Queen Rui.

"Sir duke, can I join?" Jiang Ningbao waved the invitation in her hand and asked with a smile.

Actually, she was not interested in the banquet, but Jiang Ningbao was quite interested in the flower admiring banquet Queen Rui held. A few days ago, Queen Rui held a plum blossom banquet.

That plum blossom banquet was a turning point in Jiang Ningbao's life.

The male lead Xie Jingyi saved the female lead Yang Shuqing which led to a series of events.

In the novel, there would be various incidents in the flower admiring banquet Queen Rui held.

Some good, some not.

But Queen Rui did not mind. She only liked to hold banquets and could not control others' actions and behaviors. The people joining the banquet knew this.

"Go if you want to, if not, reject."

Aside from imperial banquets, Duke Ding had never joined various banquets. He glanced at the little lady who seemed interested. There was no undulation in his voice.

It was Duke Ding's way of replying as expected.

Domineering.

Jiang Ningbao smiled slightly, "Then I will go to take a look. It's the first time I received an invitation from Queen Rui. I should go for a trip."

"Mm."

Duke Ding Xie Heng pinched the invitation he held.

Everytime he received an invitation from Queen Rui, Duke Ding would throw it to the side and never joined. This time, Duke Ding hesitated for a moment and debated if he should join too or not.

But thinking of the little lady's moves and that there would be a lot of delicate and frail noble ladies attending the banquet, Duke Ding Xie Heng decided to throw this invitation away.

After Butler Zhao delivered the invitations, he wanted to retreat. His gaze swept through the duke's gown. Wait, his eyes were not blurry, right? Why did he seem to realize that the duke's gown was dirty?

Wait a second. Butler Zhao widened his eyes. Jiang fourth miss' face was red and her hair was loose and a few strands fell. Dusts tainted the light blue long dress she wore.

What exactly happened?

Butler Zhao looked at the surrounding black clothed guards, his eyes carrying his question. The black clothed guards all averted their faces. Butler Zhao was muddled and could not help but ask.

"Sir duke, why is your gown dirty?"