Chapter One Hundred and Twenty Five

Chun Xi was stunned. She thought that the Duke sent the two old servants to the lady so they could be the lady's trusted servants. So it was not?

"Chun Xi, let the people in the courtyard pay attention to the two old servants." Jiang Ningbao was a careful person. She won't blindly trust people because they were sent by Duke Ding.

"Yes, lady." Chun Xi nodded happily and sighed in her heart. The lady was still the lady. At the beginning she stayed by the lady's side, she had to spend years before she could get the lady's trust.

Jiang Ningbao sipped her tea and satisfiedly sat at the soft chair by the window as she ate fruits. She thought of the pink lip print she left on the duke's face and her mouth could not help but lift up.

Based on the duke's sensitivity, he should have wiped it off after she left. Actually, not wiping it was alright. No one would dare to stare at the duke's handsome face.

At this time, Chun Le came. A smile was on her smiley face.

"Lady, let me tell you good news. The bed warming servant girls sent by first madam angered the third young master and got kicked out."

Jiang Ningbao's eyes lit up.

"This is indeed good news."

The bed warming servant girls Madam Zhang sent had a few good ones. If they were not driven out, when her older brother got married, the probability they would cause trouble was high. It was better to nip it in the bud.

After getting happy, Jiang Ningbao could not help but worry about her older brother's marriage. She did not want her brother's marriage to be decided by her grandmother or Madam Zhang. She remembered that her second male cousin Jiang Your was already over twenty years old but his marriage was not settled, only a bunch of lowly bed warmer servant girls in his backyard. Older brother could use this as an excuse to evade.

Jiang Ningbao's heart slightly became at ease.

The servants in Changning Count Residence all paid extra attention to the second branch in the west courtyard, especially the fourth miss. After knowing that the fourth miss brought two old servants back from Duke Ding Residence,the old servants in the residence just realized that the fourth miss did not have any trusted old servant and then they began to discuss.

This news traveled to the ears of Old Madam Jiang.

After Old Madam Jiang knew about this, her face sunk.

Fourth granddaughter and fifth granddaughter were about to get married and fourth granddaughter would get married to Dayue Dynasty's powerful and influential Duke Ding, but Changning Count Residence did not make a single move. They did not mention preparing phoenix embroidered tassel capes. There was not a single experienced old servant by fourth granddaughter's side to teach her rules and etiquette. Everyone was preparing for fifth granddaughter's marriage and no one knew how many people were watching the joke.

She hoped Duke Ding and Old Madam Xie did not feel dissatisfied.

Old Madam Jiang deeply sighed. Fortunately, there was still a month to remedy this. At the moment, the most important thing was to find out the origin of the two old servants.

The two old servants found by Duke Ding Residence's Old Madam Xie would not be simple. If they came from the palace, then she could let her fifth granddaughter join in the lessons.

"Hong Xing, find someone to investigate the origins of the two old servants fourth girl brought back."

The next day, the sky was slightly dark and dark clouds covered the sky. Cool breeze flew by and the plum blossom trees in the courtyard rustled and carried coldness, as if a big rain was about to come.

After Jiang Ningbao and her older brother ate breakfast, she decided to start learning from today. No matter the socializing after getting married or managing house affairs, or imminent wedding ceremony and etiquette, Jiang Ningbao needed to heavily study these.

Duke Ding Residence's door was high and as the future Duchess Ding, she had to be impeccable.

The educating old servants from the imperial family or the palace were highly sought out. Jiang Ningbao did not think that the old servant, whom First Madam Zhang took a lot of time and energy to invite, was actually an old servant from a big family.

This was also why Jiang Ningbao needed the duke's help to find an educated old servant. A normal old servant from noble families could not fulfill her request.

Jiang Ningbao was about to send someone to invite the two old servants when Old Madam Jiang's trusted servant girl, Hong Xing, came and greeted Jiang Ningbao.

"Fourth lady, the old madam invites you over."

Jiang Ningbao slightly knitted her brows and her gaze fell on Hong Xing's face. She asked with a calm voice, "What matter does grandmother want to talk about?" Today was not the day to greet her but Old Madam Jiang called her over, there must be something.

Thinking of the two old servants she brought yesterday and Old Madam Jiang wanted to see her today, it was probably because of this.

"Fourth lady will know when you get there." Hong Xing replied respectfully.

Jiang Ningbao smiled lightly and tidied her dress a bit. Her index finger trailed along the red butterfly weaved patterned long skirt and called Chun Xi and Chun Le. She took them with her to Golden Longevity Hall.

Inside Golden Longevity Hall, the white sandalwood curled upward.

Old Madam Jiang sat in the main hall with an enlivened spirit. The past two days, good things came. Her oldest son woke up and her fourth granddaughter brought back two old servants from the palace and the ones who served the previous empress. Old Madam Jiang's heart heated up. She had trouble sleeping yesterday but her face did not seem thin and pallid.