Chapter One Hundred and Fifty

It was silent in Thriving Joy Hall.

The female servants widened their eyes and the air stilled in wait.

Xie Jingyi's pretty face stiffened and a trace of struggle appeared at the bottom of his eyes. Once the marriage imperial decree was announced, he had predicted that this would happen, but once that day was there, his heart was blocked by a gloomy feeling, sullen.

His ex-fiance became his adopted mother.

Today, he knelt to serve the respect-tea, next, he still needed to pay respects.

The hands in Xie Jingyi's sleeves clenched and he smiled bitterly in his heart. This was caused by his effort to annul the engagement.

Duke Ding Xie Heng saw his adopted son not moving and felt displeased. Furrowing his eyebrows, he stared sharply at his adopted son and spoke faintly.

"Give your mother the respect-tea."

Xie Jingyi took a deep breath and raised his eyes to look at Jiang Ningbao who was sitting on his grandmother's lower part, smiling a faint sweet and beautiful smile while waiting for him to serve the tea.

Xie Jingyi pursed his thin lips to a line and raised his sleeves. He knelt on the cushion Jiang Ningbao was kneeling on earlier with a straight posture. He loked at Old Servant Huang and spoke a hard to understand attitude, "Old Servant Huang, tea."

Old Servant Huang smiled as she gave the teacup.

Old Madam Xie sipped the tea and saw this scene with a smile. She took in the excitement at the bottom of her daughter-in-law's eyes and couldn't help laughing. Ningbao girl must have waited for this day for a long time.

Xie Jingyi took the teacup and raised it high, putting it in front of Jiang Ningbao.

"Asking......mother to drink the tea."

When the word 'mother' was said, Xie Jingyi seemed all energy was used.

Old Madam Xie and Old Servant Huang, along with the rest, looked at the 'just out of the oven' pair of mother and son with interest.

Jiang Ningbao who was sitting at the upper part heard Xie Jingyi calling her 'mother' and her lips could not help but raise as a trace of satisfaction was felt in her heart and her body felt comfortable. She received Xie Jingyi's respect-tea with a smile and sipped, then put it down. She magnanimously gave a gift to Xie Jingyi as the present of first time meeting.

A high-quality ink tablet put inside a box.

The ink tablet had a faint purple radiance and the ink tablet was carved with flowers and birds patterns. With only a glance, one knew that it was very expensive.

"I don't know what you like so I sent you a plum ink tablet as a gift."

Jiang Ningbao smiled faintly and her voice was warm and unhurried, her eyebrows and eyes had a graceful posture, making Duke Ding Xie Heng who was sitting beside her could not help but look at her longer.

Plum ink......

Duke Ding Xie Heng's brows moved and he looked at his little wife. He did not think that she would have plum ink, one of the four famous ink in Dayue Dynasty.

"Thanking.......mother."

Xie Jingyi took the box with plum ink and lowered his head to make out a few letters, making his heart felt complicated.

He had been prepared to receive hard treatments from Jiang Fourth Miss as retaliation.

Who knew that she gave a priceless plum ink as a gift instead.

Xie Jingyi's heart was mixed with feelings.

"Don't be formal, we are now a family."

Jiang Ningbao looked at Xie Jingyi's stiff face and her smile became bright. There was a deep meaning in her eyes. Being her ex-fiance's elder was really nice, sending him plum ink was not that expensive.

This piece of plum ink had a story.

It was the gift from Xie Family's Second Mistress to thank for saving her life.

Duke Ding Xie Heng keenly caught the slyness at the bottom of his little wife's eyes. He deeply looked at the ink box on his adopted son's hand and a smile flashed across the bottom of his eyes.

"Ningbao is right. Jingyi, stand up. We are now a family and a family needs to be harmonious." Old Madam Xie revealed a satisfied smile and looked at Jiang Ningbao with a warm gaze.

Her daughter-in-law did things right to her taste.

Xie Jingyi stood up and took the intricate ink box in his hands.

"Ningbao, you are now married to the duchal residence. The duke residence is at your command, I give you the management rights to you today among the crowd."

Old Madam Xie pursed her lips and spoke with a smile.