Chapter Ninety Nine

On the small road of admiring flowers, Jiang Ningbao met Yang Shuqing. When Yang Shuqing saw Fu Wanning behind her, her eyes quickly flashed with a trace of deep coldness.

The two nodded politely and brushed their shoulders with each other.

"Wanning, Miss Yang seems to have something against you." Jiang Ningbao felt that prickling gaze at the back and reminded Fu Wanning. Because she was comfortable with Fu Wanning, she and Fu Wanning were now on a first name basis.

Fu Wanning's steps halted and she slightly knitted her brow as she smiled helplessly, "Yes, I feel it's weird. I have no interaction with Miss Yang. These past two years, whenever I meet her, I can feel she holds something against me."

"Pay more attention to it." Jiang Ningbao warned.

Fu Wanning was the novel's fifth female cannon fodder. Yang Shuqing started her vengeance and after Fu Wanning became King Jin's cefei, she ruined Fu Wanning and made the relationship between King Jin Residence and the Left Minister Residence become bad. Two birds with one stone.

Fu Wanning nodded with a slight smile. The two continued to stroll around the hundred flowers garden as they chatted. On the road, they met with a lot of noble ladies and official sons, also some concubine born daughters from big families.

Not far from the theater stage, the theatrical troupe was performing. Little king Xiao Ran led a bunch of beauties to see the performance which attracted a lot of the noble sons.

Jiang Ningbao did not mingle among them. She heard that there were a lot of incidents in the hundred flower garden. No matter if the legal daughter framed concubine born daughter or concubine born daughter framed the legal daughter, there were continuous big shows that were bustling. She heard that there was a noble lady from a prominent family who schemed to get King Jin.

Jiang Ningbao thought of Yang Shuqing once she heard of this rumor.

Suddenly, Jiang Ningbao felt a familiar ominous energy and she abruptly raised her head to meet with a pair of dark and sharp cold eyes filled with ominous energy.

It was the duke! The duke actually came.

Jiang Ningbao was happy and she gave Duke Ding who was far away a brilliant smile. Far away, Duke Ding Xie Heng's gaze fell on the little lady's face and his cold and sharp eyes had a trace of softness.

"Why, Duke Ding came." Fu Wanning noticed Jiang Ningbao's strangeness and raised her head to look. She saw the domineering figure who struck fear in the heart and could not help but say this.

She heard that Duke Ding never joined the banquet Queen Rui held. He came suddenly this time, could it be for Jiang fourth miss?

"Yes, the duke came."

Jiang Ningbao nodded with a smile. Though in her heart, she wanted to fly to the duke to develop some feelings.

Fu Wanning covered her mouth and coincidentally saw a lady she knew was admiring flowers so she immediately said, "Ningbao, you go talk to Duke Ding. I won't disturb you guys. Let us meet again when we have the time."

After saying this, she led her servants to leave.

Jiang Ningbao laughed lightly. She led Chun Xi and Chun Le to walk toward Duke Ding Xie Heng's direction with a good mood.

Duke Ding's arrival attracted a commotion.

But the noble ladies and well-bred ladies avoided him. Only little king Xiao Ran and a few Xie clan males with Old Madam Xie's maternal house's males went to say a few sentences but they did not dare to stay for long.

Yang Shuqing looked at Jiang Ningbao walking to Duke Ding's side with a brilliant and beautiful smile, making her feel it was an eye-sore. Yang Shuqing took a deep breath and turned to look at Xie Jingyi with a warm smile.

Xie Jingyi's punishment was over and the wounds on his body were more or less healed. After knowing his fiance went to King Rui Residence, he and Duke Ding went to join Queen Rui's flower admiring banquet together.

"Sir duke, are you here to see me or pick me back to the residence?" Jiang Ningbao stood beside Duke Ding and on her white face, red dust appeared because she was walking too fast.

Duke Ding Xie Heng looked at the little lady and his gaze fell on the golden hairprin embedded with night pearl. His gaze softened and he spoke faintly, "To see you, pick you back to the residence."

Actually, for the whole evening, Duke Ding was absent-minded. And then, the black clothed guards told him that the little lady met with Yang Shuqing in front of King Rui Residence's gates.

Duke Ding decided to back up the little lady.

"Not meeting for one day is like parting for three years. Sir duke must be missing me." Jiang Ningbao's eyes wander and she mischievously flirted with Duke Ding.

Duke Ding Xie Heng's cold eyes flashed with laughter and he said, "Yes."

Jiang Ningbao widened her eyes. She did not see it wrongly, right? She actually saw the duke smiling.

Won't this prove that her method was effective? See, the duke chased her to the flower admiring banquet.

Jiang Ningbao's heart felt very pleased with herself.

"Are we going back now?"

"Go back if you want to. Today, there will be someone to measure your clothes." Duke Ding Xie Heng looked at the little lady and spoke faintly.

"To make a wedding dress?"

Jiang Ningbao just recalled that her wedding date was on the first of the fifth month. There was still more than a month's time. She usually only thought to develop feelings with Duke Ding and it seemed that she had not prepared her wedding dress so she could not help but have a guilty conscience.

She seemed to have forgotten to embroider her wedding dress.

But she could not embroider her wedding dress. After living for sixteen years in ancient times, Jiang Ningbao had not obtained this skill. She could only do a bit of embroidery so don't even talk about wedding dress.

"Yes." Duke Ding nodded.

"What if I can't embroider the wedding dress?" Jiang Ningbao asked with a red face and her gaze was wandering.

"I will prepare."

"Is this okay?" Jiang Ningbao asked with hesitation. She heard that women mostly embroider their wedding dress. If one could not, she would still make the finishing touch.

Duke Ding hit bulls-eye, "You cannot embroider."

Jiang Ningbao choked.

She then thought that not being able to embroider a wedding dress was not much, the duke had prepared a better one. Jiang Ningbao's mood became happy and she naturally grabbed Duke Ding's arm as she smiled at his handsome face.

"Let us go back to the residence. We can also spar."

Duke Ding Xie Heng's body stiffened and his heart beat violently.

Not far away, Jiang Mingyao saw how Duke Ding and her fourth sister interacted for the first time and she silently heaved a breath. Her fourth sister should be better off in the future, right?

She turned back to look at her fiance beside her and a trace of anticipation rose in her heart.