Chapter One Hundred and Two

Butler Zhao who was at the side rolled his eyes mentally. This Miss Yang was really enough. He had seen the not resigned feelings that flashed through her eyes, alright.

In Thriving Joy Hall, Old Madam Xie was holding Jiang Ningbao's hand as they spoke intimately. Laughter could be heard now and then. Duke Ding Xie Heng straightened his back as he drank tea with some distance between them. His gaze subconsciously fell on Jiang Ningbao.

Once Yang Shuqing entered, she saw this irritating sight. Xie Jingyi's handsome face was calm. He was at first not comfortable with Jiang fourth miss marrying his adopted father and could not accept it. But seeing the interaction between Jiang fourth miss and his adopted father, he could now accept it.

But after Jiang fourth miss married his adopted father, he had to call her mother. This made him feel difficult.

"Grandmother, father, I'm back." Once he entered, Xie Jingyi greeted Old Madam Xie and Duke Ding Xie Heng. Yang Shuqing also smiled as she greeted them.

"Shuqing greets the old madam and Duke Ding."

Old Madam Xie saw Yang Shuqing's silver and red long dress as well as the golden hairpin on her head, and then she looked at Ningbao girl's dress and her eyes twitched. This was too coincidental.

One was the future daughter-in-law and one was the future granddaughter-in-law.

They actually dressed so similarly.

Yes, her daughter-in-law won by a level.

"Shuqing is here. Stay for dinner." Old Madam Xie spoke with an amiable smile.

Yang Shuqing had on a happy smile, "Thanking old madam." Saying this, she purposely looked at Jiang Ningbao who was by the old madam's side, smiling at her.

Jiang Ningbao faintly gave her a smiling face.

At noon, Jiang Ningbao stayed for lunch. This lunch was not as good as before because Yang Shuqing kept on trying to behave better and she pulled her in. A good lunch turned into a competition show because of her.

Usually, Duke Ding Residence did not adhere to the rules of not speaking when eating and in the bedroom.

But Yang Shuqing overdid it, making her and Duke Ding unable to eat well. When Duke Ding sent off Jiang Ningbao, she could not help but complain.

Duke Ding Xie Heng said, "There won't be next time."

"Duke, you're really good." Jiang Ningbao smiled brilliantly and intimately hugged his arm then rubbed against it. Duke Ding, from the start of blushing and having his heart racing, became calm and collected using less than half a day.

This adaptive ability really made others sigh.

"Duke, what is the condition of the emperor's body? I want to brew medicinal wine to give to the emperor." Jiang Ningbao almost forgot what she wanted to do and asked immediately.

Duke Ding Xie Heng halted his steps and turned his head to look at the little lady's face. He thought of the mystical medicinal wine she brewed and a ripple rose in his eyes filled with ominous energy, "Can it cure the poison from the womb?"

"If I know the exact condition, then yes." Jiang Ningbao did not boast. Her wine brewing skill was very mystical. As long as she gave a mystical attribute to the wine, it could cure the sickness.

"I will give the details of the emperor's condition to you later." Duke Ding Xie Heng continued to walk forward.

Jiang Ningbao's mouth curved to a brilliant smile.

Duke Ding personally sent the little lady back to Changning Count Residence. After he spoke to Old Madam Xie about searching an educational old servant, he went back to the main courtyard of Duke Ding Residence to settle official documents and gave commands.

Dayue Dynasty had favorable weather and the citizens lived and worked in peace and contentment, but Duke Ding would not loosen in training soldiers. Because of this, the soldiers under him were all elite and could rival enemy countries.

In the afternoon, Butler Zhao took two male servants to move an old-style camphor-wood trunk to the main courtyard where Duke Ding lived with a face as if it was a spring breeze. He carried the box into the room.

"Duke, this servant found you a few books."

After Butler Zhao knew from his wife about the matter of Duke Ding thinking he had heart problems, he was worried. There was no educational servant by the duke's side, so Butler Zhao decided to find a few books.

Duke Ding Xie Heng raised his handsome face from the desk, his brows were sharp and he carried an invisible oppressive force as he spoke, "What books?"

"The books that you need most at this time." Butler Zhao replied respectfully.

Duke Ding Xie Heng put down his brush and looked at Butler Zhao. His voice was cold as he ordered, "Xie Qi, take the books over here."

Xie Qi in the room took the books in the box and seeing covers in the box, his eyes widened. As if he touched electricity, he felt that the books in his hand were very hot.

Xie Qi handed the books with a stiff body and he lowered his head, not daring to look at his master's face. In his heart, he felt that Butler Zhao was very daring.

The books were all romance novels.

Duke Ding Xie Heng did not know that the books Butler Zhao found were all romance novels. He solemnly took a book to read. The book's novel was titled "Official Lady and Handsome Husband".

Duke Ding knitted his brows. The book was weird, a little like the popular novels in the market. He flipped a few pages and his body stiffened and then he recovered his bearing.

Duke Ding Xie Heng kept on reading the book with a serious expression as if the one he was holding was a work of a renowned erudite scholar.

The room was silent with only the sound of the book being flipped.