Chapter One Hundred and Thirty Five

At the beginning, her parents were the ancient version of free love. Her father did not care about Old Madam Jiang's opposition and married her mother. Her mother's family was one of Dayue Dynasty's rich and prosperous noble families.

Xuzhou Prefecture was very far from the capital. The highest official position Yang Family had was only a fourth rank position, but the family business was big and there were not a small number of talented members. It had real power.

She really did not understand what Old Madam Jiang was dissatisfied about regarding her mother.

Mourning for three years, their uncle's family would send generous gifts during festivals, not letting the people in the residence to look down on them.

Jiang Ningbao had good emotions toward her uncle's family.

"If they walk through the water route, they should be able to make it on time." Jiang Jin spoke solemnly.

"Aside from the city gate, I will send people to stand by on the port." Jiang Ningbao thought about it. If her uncle, aunt, and the others could make it on time, it would be a happy occasion.

Jiang Jin nodded.

After speaking a few more words, the pair of siblings separated.

On the next day, Jiang Ningbao hugged the jug of origami stars that her older brother made for her and sent her older brother off. Seeing the guards and carriages sending her older brother leaving her sight, a trace of reluctance to part and disappointed.

Main Room of Golden Longevity Hall.

Old Madam Jiang leaned on the soft chair and closed her eyes. A few pretty servants were pounding on the old madam's legs. Her trusted servant, Hong Xing, familiarly rubbed the old madam's shoulders as she talked about the news of the third young master leaving the residence.

Knowing that the third grandson left, Old Madam Jiang opened her eyes and her gaze was indifferent. "It's good that he left, lest he be an eyesore in the residence."

Hong Xing sighed in her heart and continued to rub the old madam's shoulder.

The room became silent once more.

"Do the two old servants never go out of the western courtyard?" A moment later, Old Madam Jiang suddenly said this with a strong not resigned tone.

Hong Xing lowered her head as she answered, "Yes, old madam."

"It must be because of fourth girl! She was afraid that they would agree to my request so she restricted them in the courtyard." Old Madam Jiang's voice was filled with helpless anger.

"Old Madam, you forgot the words Duke Ding sent someone to say....." Hong Xing reminded in a small voice.

Old Madam Jiang's face sank and her heart was filled with depression. She no longer mentioned the two old servants. The past few days, there were some old people who came to the residence to laugh at her. In her heart, the old madam hated the fourth granddaughter who made a complaint.

But because her fifth granddaughter needed to borrow the influence of the fourth granddaughter, Old Madam Jiang did not want their relationship to be too stiff.

"Hong Xing, go to my warehouse and take gold rimmed jade ruby head ornaments to the fourth lady."

Hong Xing was stunned and immediately lowered her head to say respectfully, "Yes, old madam."After saying this, she stood and went to the warehouse. The key to the warehouse was with her and Hong Xing easily put the gold rimmed jade ruby head ornaments into an accessory box and took it out.

When Jiang Ningbao just came back from her lessons with the two educational old servants and drank a mouthful of tea to prepare for rest, she heard Chun Xi report that the old madam's trusted servant, Hong Xing, came.

Jiang Ningbao slightly knitted her brows, "Let her in."

Hong Xing carried an intricate box and entered. She bowed to Jiang Ningbao and raised the box on her hands, "Fourth lady, this is the head ornament the old madam give to you."

"Grandmother gave this to me?"

Jiang Ningbao was shocked. It was only a few days and Old Madam Jiang actually gave her a head ornament. What did this mean? She looked at the box and gestured for Chun Le to take the box over. After Chun Le gave the box to her, Jiang Ningbao opened it and saw that it was actually a gold rimmed jade ruby head ornament.

This head ornament was very valuable.

Jiang Ningbao went silent for a moment and her gaze fell on Hong Xing. "Hong Xing, why does grandmother suddenly send me such a valuable head ornament?"

Hong Xing shook her head respectfully, "Servant does not know. Lady can ask the old madam."

Jiang Ningbao closed the box with a faint gaze and gave the box to Chun Xi who was standing at the side. She looked deeply at Hong Xing and waved her hand, "I accept this head ornament. You can go back and report."

Hong Xing did not say anything and she bowed before leaving.

Jiang Ningbao had a thoughtful look. What was the hidden meaning behind Old Madam Jiang's action this time?

"Lady, you really accept the head ornament sent by the old madam?" Chun Xi pulled a long face as she carried the box, feeling that it was hot.

Jiang Ningbao laughed lightly and her eyes were rippling with brilliance, "My dad earned such a big property for the family but it ended up in oldest uncle's hand in the end. Isn't it only a gold rimmed jade ruby bracelet? Why can't I take it?"

Chun Xi thought about it and felt that it's true, so she rest assuredly put the ornament box in front of the dress and make-up table.

From being given the marriage decree until now, half a month passed. Old Madam Jiang did not take any action and the head ornament was probably to placate her. Jiang Ningbao put this matter down and used the time to learn from the two old servants.

Today, someone from Duke Ding Residence came and told Jiang Ningbao that the wedding dress was done and she was invited to Duke Ding Residence.

Jiang Ningbao was pleasantly surprised.